Organising A Thai Will On Samui

I really feel the need to organise a will but on making enquiries have found it to be quite expensive to set up.Have had quotes in the 10,000 baht range.My will would be simple as i have no business interests here and do not own a property,so really at this stage its only about cash in bank a/c.But i would like to know that if anything happened to me that my g/f would be looked after with what i have here and make that access as easy as possible.

I remember reading in a similar post mark wolfe ,i think,mentioned it was n,t necessary from a legal point of view to have a written will,that just a written letter outlining my wishes and witnessed by a local resident would be legally binding just like a will.Mark if you read this perhaps you could comment for me,and any one else with knowledge of this could give me advice.thanks.

I really feel the need to organise a will but on making enquiries have found it to be quite expensive to set up.Have had quotes in the 10,000 baht range.My will would be simple as i have no business interests here and do not own a property,so really at this stage its only about cash in bank a/c.But i would like to know that if anything happened to me that my g/f would be looked after with what i have here and make that access as easy as possible.

You can think of instructing your (foreign or not) banker(s) accordingly -in writing and confirmed by them !!!- that a certain, limited, amount per week/month is to be withdrawn, so that your g/f doesn't have access to the full amount immediately if something happens to you.

But, Baht 10K for a will isn't that expensive in my opinion, but I have no experience with wills in Thailand, just abroad and it's a bit more than Baht 10K I can assure you :o

LaoPo

I remember reading in a similar post mark wolfe ,i think,mentioned it was n,t necessary from a legal point of view to have a written will,that just a written letter outlining my wishes and witnessed by a local resident would be legally binding just like a will.Mark if you read this perhaps you could comment for me,and any one else with knowledge of this could give me advice.thanks.

Try thailandlawonline, I did a lease with them and quite happy with the service. The also do wills for 4,800 thb.

I found Samui's solicitors to be very expensive when I lived there.

I would advise you to ring or mail Sebastian at Isaan Lawyers. http://www.isaanlawyers.com/

Although it is based in Korat he does travel and could always help over the internet if need be.

He will give you good advice over the phone for free and his charges are always very reasonable for work done.

HL :o

I found Samui's solicitors to be very expensive when I lived there.

I would advise you to ring or mail Sebastian at Isaan Lawyers. http://www.isaanlawyers.com/

Although it is based in Korat he does travel and could always help over the internet if need be.

He will give you good advice over the phone for free and his charges are always very reasonable for work done.

HL :o

cheers,may give them a call.