Any Decent Hotels With Pools For £40 A Night ?

bankha

Hello,

I am flying out at the end of the month and staying in Bkk for a couple of nights. I have looked on the internet. It needs to be near British embassy (3 km) away ok. The reason for the pool is for my daughter as only 2 and loves swimming.

So if any suggestions please let me know i might have missed them on internet as seen none for that price range.

Cheers,

Paul

Yeah, try the Somerset Lake Point. It is down Soi 16 just off Asoke but has a tuk tuk service and you are straight on the right way to get a cab to the embassy.

It has 2 pools, one outside and one inside. The rooms are like studio apartments with microwaves, washer / driers. Full bathtubs and crockery etc.

Banner_Thailand_Somerset_Lake_Point_equipped_kitchen.jpg

Banner_Thailand_Somerset_Lake_Point_outdoor_pool.jpg

Banner_Thailand_Somerset_Lake_Point_Swimming_pool.jpg

Online rates are usually over your quote but if you go through www.ratestogo.com you can usually pick it up on a 3 day package for about $60/63 a day which is around your budget.

I just checked for 28-31 January and it is $69 a day or $74 if you include breakfast, which is not bad I will admit with a decent buffet.

Check here http://www.ratestogo.com/SearchResults.asp...pecCity=Bangkok

I see the hotel is doing a 3 for 2 special at the moment but their rates for that are only on the 1 bed at 5k a day.

There are others but I am sort of converted to there in that are of Suk and many guests are business people staying or living there. Decent TV.

Smaller pool at www.aspenbangkok.com but really just a paddling pool.

Cheers T,

I can go up in price more but as i have a house out in Ratchaburi it would be better the price i said for a few nights while i get docs from British embassy. I stayed in the Imperial hotel last time was in Bkk but did not think much of it. It looked nice outside and entrance but soon as you get to room you might aswell go somewhere cheaper.

I am going to look now at the hotels you have just mentioned.

Cheers for that,

Paul

Cheers T,

I can go up in price more but as i have a house out in Ratchaburi it would be better the price i said for a few nights while i get docs from British embassy. I stayed in the Imperial hotel last time was in Bkk but did not think much of it. It looked nice outside and entrance but soon as you get to room you might aswell go somewhere cheaper.

I am going to look now at the hotels you have just mentioned.

Cheers for that,

Paul

Hi, I'd also recommend the Elegance Suites in Sathorn (near Saphan Taksin BTS station). They have nicely furnished, large rooms for around 1800 baht a night, and there is a decent roof-top pool. Their website is www.elegance.th.com .

Couldn't find what ? the Lake Point ?

OK, I didn't put the hotel website in directly as it costs more but Mr Google is your friend :D

Enter Somerset Lake Point Soi 16 Bangkok and you get the hotel's website at position No. 4 and the preceding 3 choices are agents to book the same. :o

Nevermind, keep it in your head for future reference.

If I may ask a favour in return, I'd appreciate your posting something about the Amari St James as it seems a good buy at Bt1500 and could be a consideration. Enjoy your stay.

Couldn't find what ? the Lake Point ?

OK, I didn't put the hotel website in directly as it costs more but Mr Google is your friend :D

Enter Somerset Lake Point Soi 16 Bangkok and you get the hotel's website at position No. 4 and the preceding 3 choices are agents to book the same. :o

Nevermind, keep it in your head for future reference.

If I may ask a favour in return, I'd appreciate your posting something about the Amari St James as it seems a good buy at Bt1500 and could be a consideration. Enjoy your stay.

This hotel seems out of this price category though. When I tried Google with your phrase there were four entries before the hotel, with prices of 6100, 2690, 2690 and 2800. £40 is now about 2000 baht.