Desperately Seeking Custom Made Shoes

ExPatUSA

Due to a nerve problem in my feet, I can only wear footwear with very soft cushioning and rigid soles and non-binding sides and top. After two years of searching dozens of shoe stores in NY, Seattle, San Francisco, Bangkok and HK, I've only found one "shoe", namely triple density foam sandals from Reef. (Even Crocs aren't soft enough).

But I also need shoes for formal events. Does anyone know a custom shoe maker in Bangkok that is flexible enough to design a non-leather shoe with triple density foam?

I've asked at lots of shoe stores that advertise "custom made" shoes, but they'll only make leather ones.

I'm tired of showing up at weddings and funerals with sandals.

Does anyone know of a custom made shoe maker in Thailand that might help me?

Thanks so much!

Robert

I have had good experiences with Tony Leather, on Surawong, more or less opposite Jim Thompson. All the shoes they have made for me were leather, so I am not sure they can help you. They have always been helpful, so you might give them a try.

I have had good experiences with Tony Leather, on Surawong, more or less opposite Jim Thompson. All the shoes they have made for me were leather, so I am not sure they can help you. They have always been helpful, so you might give them a try.

Thanks! Will try them.

You could try Maneesilp, they have a store at MBK, just google maneesilp and their website should show up but I'd suggest you lower your volume because of the horrible music if you're going to look at their site. They take about a week to make a pair.

Orthaheel is quite good if you have something like morton's neuroma, they have 2 websites but not sure which one you can order from since I bought some insoles and shoes at a chemist for a relative when I was in Australia.

You could try Maneesilp, they have a store at MBK, just google maneesilp and their website should show up but I'd suggest you lower your volume because of the horrible music if you're going to look at their site. They take about a week to make a pair.

Orthaheel is quite good if you have something like morton's neuroma, they have 2 websites but not sure which one you can order from since I bought some insoles and shoes at a chemist for a relative when I was in Australia.

Thanks, I'll try Maneesilp. My tests show I have peripheral neuropathy of unknown origin, which has gotten so bad i can only tolerate flat, triple density foam sandals and no shoes/trainers at all due to compression side to side and top to bottom, as well as curved, hard soles.