Looking For A Place To Live Near Kasetsart University...

Hi,

Me and my wife are looking for a nice place to rent near Kasetsart University. Does anyone have any recommendations? We found a couple of places to rent, but there has to be many more in the area. Problem is, I just don't know how to find them or where to really look. Any advice would be most welcome.

We are looking for a place to rent (or maybe buy) near Kasetsart University (50 Phahon Yothin Rd, Chatuchak Bangkok 10900). An apartment, condo, townhouse, or house are all options we are looking at. The size? 40 square meters would be nice (or more). Just anything that is bigger than a shoe box :o

If you would like to contact me, feel free to me a messege anytime.

Thanks in advance,

BaanThai

I can recommend Sawadhi Place on Pahonyothin about 500 metres down from the Kasetsart crossroads. It is at the end of the soi directly opposite the Mayo Hospital. The apartment block as at the end of the soi on the lefthand side ( about another 300 metres. It is a dead end soi so nice and quiet with views over rich peoples gardens.

The rooms start with 40 sq mtr. 1 bedroom furnished units with kitchenette and an air con unit it both rooms. Rent about 8500 baht. Bigger rooms are available at a higher price. There is a nice pool, quickie mart and food sevice available. 1 km down Pahonyothin is the Major Cineplex with several screens and restaurants. Loads of buses from here too so transport anywhere no problem :o

I can recommend Sawadhi Place on Pahonyothin about 500 metres down from the Kasetsart crossroads. It is at the end of the soi directly opposite the Mayo Hospital. The apartment block as at the end of the soi on the lefthand side ( about another 300 metres. It is a dead end soi so nice and quiet with views over rich peoples gardens.

The rooms start with 40 sq mtr. 1 bedroom furnished units with kitchenette and an air con unit it both rooms. Rent about 8500 baht. Bigger rooms are available at a higher price. There is a nice pool, quickie mart and food sevice available. 1 km down Pahonyothin is the Major Cineplex with several screens and restaurants. Loads of buses from here too so transport anywhere no problem :o

Thank you for the information. It has been very helpful. It was very nice of you to pass this along. I have looked into this and I discovered some things I would like to pass on to the group.

I've heard that Sawadee Place isn't that good. I've even had a few people who used to live there tell me that the place itself is okay, but the management is awful and the owner does not care about the tenants and only about getting the money from them.

I looked into this place and it seems to me that rent is too high for what you get. On the same street (Soi) there are two other apartment buildings that have a much better deal and look just as nice if not better. However, those two are completely filled and have no upcoming vacancies (darn-it). Sawadee Place however has plently of vacancies it seems... I guess that is a clue to confirm the stories I have heard about the place.

Thank you for the information. It has been very helpful. It was very nice of you to pass this along. I have looked into this and I discovered some things I would like to pass on to the group.

I've heard that Sawadee Place isn't that good. I've even had a few people who used to live there tell me that the place itself is okay, but the management is awful and the owner does not care about the tenants and only about getting the money from them.

I looked into this place and it seems to me that rent is too high for what you get. On the same street (Soi) there are two other apartment buildings that have a much better deal and look just as nice if not better. However, those two are completely filled and have no upcoming vacancies (darn-it). Sawadee Place however has plently of vacancies it seems... I guess that is a clue to confirm the stories I have heard about the place.

There is some truth in what you say. If you only want a short let of less than 6 months then the Sawadi management are not too helpful. As for the room rate it is sometimes ' negotiable ' when they have many empty units. I also stayed in Rom Ruen Mansion in the same soi and cannot recommend it. True the rooms are only 4000 baht a month but they are really old with ancient furniture. In addition I personaly hate living in a dark room with little natural light. Rooms here are also noisy as many students live in this block who come and go at all times of the night and like to play their pop music with the doors open.

I have heard people say that Sawadhi is expensive for what you get ??? I can't see this. Expensive maybe, but you do get two seperate rooms with lots of natural light. I will be very surprised if you can find an apartment in this area with a separate bedroom and kitchenette for a significantly lower price. A friend lives in a soi neared to the Major and pays 12,000 baht for a 2 bedroom place. In the end, you pay your money and make your choice. A single room will always be cheaper.

If you are looking for a long term rental you might do better renting a townhouse in the estate opposite Kasetsart behind the shopfronts. You will need to do a lot of footwork but its relatively cool now so ' no sweat '. Good luck with it anyway and if you find a deal let me know as I have friends coming out next year. :D

Edited by Bangyai

• 3 weeks later...