Looking For A Bar In Chang Mai

zamp

just arrived in chang mai,i was here about 2 years ago and cant seem to find the places i went to back then.I seem to remember a street that had a couple of good places on,one of the bars i am sure was called 'janes' or at least the owners name was that,pretty sure it was near 'maddogs' although i could be wrong. :o

Edited by zamp

just arrived in chang mai,i was here about 2 years ago and cant seem to find the places i went to back then.I seem to remember a street that had a couple of good places on,one of the bars i am sure was called 'janes' or at least the owners name was that,pretty sure it was near 'maddogs' although i could be wrong. :o

Got to be more specific about what you're looking for. There are a lot of bars in CM. I personally like going to Sax Bar on Moon Muang. Good music, a pool table and nice girls that won't accost you (too badly at least). It's located right across from the southern-most portion of the Tapae Gate wall. From there, the bar-world is your oyster!

yes sorry,i know theres not much to go on there.I saw the sax bar last night as i was going around but didnt go in.The place i am looking for is on the same side of the waterway as that and less than 100 meters off the moon muang,only a small place with a glass front and its up a small road.Wouldnt say it was a bar girl type place,just that when i was here before we had a good laugh with jane, the owner.

yes sorry,i know theres not much to go on there.I saw the sax bar last night as i was going around but didnt go in.The place i am looking for is on the same side of the waterway as that and less than 100 meters off the moon muang,only a small place with a glass front and its up a small road.Wouldnt say it was a bar girl type place,just that when i was here before we had a good laugh with jane, the owner.

there are so many bars within 100 meters off of muan muang up small roads it'd be impossible to even guess at where you're talking about...

Trying walking into Moon Muang Soi 2, that's the soi in between Mad Dog and the HHH bar. There's a couple bars in there, chances are it's that soi. If not then it could be Ratchamankha road, that's the first proper road North from Soi 2.

If you're looking for more bars, there's plenty on Loi Kroh (Across the moat from there), and also further up Loi Kroh just before the Kamphaeng Din Rd intersection on the right, near the Mae Ping Hotel. I always forget the name of that area but there's a lot of bars and a boxing ring for shows and the like.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

quote""

there are so many bars within 100 meters off of muan muang up small roads it'd be impossible to even guess at where you're talking about... quote""

that would depend if someone knew that the bar called 'janes bar' still exists i suppose!!

Winnie, will give those places a try tonight,thanks

Edited by zamp

zamp.

re ... 'janes' ?

im wondering if your talking about jamies bar which was on the corner of soi 2 exactly opposite the hash bar.

if the people that ran your bar were a young ferang man of 30 ish who was always drunk or high on something and played very loud rock music all the time.

his thai gf was about 35 ish and was always going off with customers when he was away.

the bar closed down ( he caught her with a customer upstairs ) about 18 monhs ago and its now an indian tailors.

if any of the above rings any bells ....youve found your bar : )

dave2

never saw anyone else in there apart from jane and her friend who was called 'pai' or similar,but yes she would have been around early-mid thirties i would say but don't think it was on a corner.I am pretty sure i have been down every street in that area 2+ times today and can't find it.

'statment whereabouts is 'tiny'?

Got to be more specific about what you're looking for. There are a lot of bars in CM. I personally like going to Sax Bar on Moon Muang. Good music, a pool table and nice girls that won't accost you (too badly at least). It's located right across from the southern-most portion of the Tapae Gate wall. From there, the bar-world is your oyster!

And what`s wrong with being accosted by GIRLS?

I think the OP should be more specific in what he wants in a bar, than maybe we could guide him in the right direction.

Don`t be shy, we are are footloose and fancy free here.

Edited by sassienie

And what`s wrong with being accosted by GIRLS?

I think the OP should be more specific in what he wants in a bar, than maybe we could guide him in the right direction.

Don`t be shy, we are are footloose and fancy free here.

Nothing's wrong with being accosted by girls. I personally look for it every night I go out! Thought it might be better to give the OP a ref to somewhere chill. I agree the OP could have been a little more specific. Didn't realize he was looking for a specific bar.

No harm, no foul. Good luck finding your bar Zamp!