Counterfeit 1000 Baht Notes At Qsi School

CroBiker

Recently gazette posted about fake 1000 baht notes circulating in Phuket. Now they surfaced at Quality School International.

Here is the message from school principal sent to all students and parents:

Hello,

I am sure you have heard about counterfeit 1000 baht notes. Unfortunately, we discovered several such notes yesterday.

We do not know who gave them to us and I am sure it was unintentional. It is too easy to receive and then pass along fake bills without realizing it.

The police require that we turn in the bills and the money is now lost to the school. There does not seem to be a re-imbursement process.

So we will have to be more careful in the future.

We will now carefully examine the money we receive from parents and students. In some cases this will add extra time to the counting process. I apologize for the inconvenience this might cause. I hope you will understand our cautious approach to this problem.

We are not experts, but we have received some guidance from the bank and the police on how to identify fake bills. If we are uncertain about a bill, we will not be able to accept it. Please do not be offended if this happens to you.

Edited by CroBiker