Looking For Eng School For 10 Yo Stepdaughter In Pattaya

dishrace

TTM, age plays a huge part in speed of fluency. I believe your daughter is what 4 or so? The OP is talking about a 10 year old. Big difference

TH

Near 5 years.

Would that not mean the school for a 10 years old would have to be even more, not less, English oriented?

I believe the same school has appropriate methods for different age of students.

TTM, age plays a huge part in speed of fluency. I believe your daughter is what 4 or so? The OP is talking about a 10 year old. Big difference

TH

Near 5 years.

Would that not mean the school for a 10 years old would have to be even more, not less, English oriented?

I believe the same school has appropriate methods for different age of students.

my stepdaughter will be 10 in june and is now in 4th grade...very smart and in a private school for last four years with more than average Thai schooling in English...she is the 1 or 2 student in testing and competition of her grade...very smart...out of 40 students or so...so with the move for the final year...just wanting to make sure she gets most English in a new (PATTAYA) environment the last year in Thailand for the foreseeable future before entering USA in 2010...money not an issue (to a point)...but schooling with primary teaching with more than 1/2 in English with tutoring 3-6 hours per week on the side is sounding like the best plan from what you guys are advising...just need to find the right school that will accept her as is for the year and tutor investment there on the side in addition to normal school week is sound like the right combination...

• 2 weeks later...

try regents as they have an ESL programme and it will her gain better english. Why would you want to send her to Bilingual as they will do both languages when you just want her to do english.. regents also has lots of non thai's there so it will help her get ready for life in US. I used to go to regents its not the best school i have been to at all, infact i think its poor but they have a great ESL programme or if not try a private tutor.

• 4 months later...

Dear Sir,

I am a 44 year old 7th generation Canadian Citizen with a 4 year degree, experience and I am a Canadian certified TESL instructor with all the course materials required. I am moving to Pattaya, Thailand on July 15 after completing my |English teaching contract in Saudi Arabia, to teach English. I have also raised two successful children. I believe we can come to an amicable arrangement to resolve your situation. Please provide some way to contact you. I.e. a Skype video conference interview.

Sincerely,

Dan