Elephant Festival 2009

JimiDee01

Hi,

Has anyone got any idea for the dates for the elephant festival 2009?

Yes, as I am now officially part of the organising commitee, I can say that the main events will hope to be staged on ther 13th, 14th & 15th November.

Itinery of events:

Friday 13th............................08.00-10.30 Parade from Railway station, leading to Elephant breakfast at and around the Elephant Roundabout and adjoining streets.

17.00 Transport leaves Railway station to go to Prasat Sikhoraphum, where there will be a demonstration of Thai Dancing & Silk Show, followed by the Light & Sound Show. Transport returns to Surin around 23.00.

Saturday 14th.......................08.30- 11.00 Elephant Show at the main Elephant stadium

Sunday 15th.........................08.30-11.00 Repeat performance.

There will also be a Gala dinner and repeat performance of Friday evenings events at Sikhoraphum Castle, either Saturday or Sunday evening. Cost for this has yet to be finalised, but last year it was 6,000฿ for a table for 8.

These times and events cannot be guaranteed, as we all know what happened last year.

Edited by farangconnection

Hi,

Has anyone got any idea for the dates for the elephant festival 2009?

Yes, as I am now officially part of the organising commitee, I can say that the main events will hope to be staged on ther 13th, 14th & 15th November.

Itinery of events:

Friday 13th............................08.00-10.30 Parade from Railway station, leading to Elephant breakfast at and around the Elephant Roundabout and adjoining streets.

17.00 Transport leaves Railway station to go to Prasat Sikhoraphum, where there will be a demonstration of Thai Dancing & Silk Show, followed by the Light & Sound Show. Transport returns to Surin around 23.00.

Saturday 14th.......................08.30- 11.00 Elephant Show at the main Elephant stadium

Sunday 15th.........................08.30-11.00 Repeat performance.

There will also be a Gala dinner and repeat performance of Friday evenings events at Sikhoraphum Castle, either Saturday or Sunday evening. Cost for this has yet to be finalised, but last year it was 6,000฿ for a table for 8.

These times and events cannot be guaranteed, as we all know what happened last year.

Thanks Martin,

Much appreciated

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...