Thailand Just Getting To Expensive To Holiday Or Live

ozzieman05

Well how things have changed in the last 2 years

It looks like our annual Thai holiday this year will be cancelled, and our overseas dollars not come to Thailand

Our Family ( Thai Wife myself and a 1 yr old baby) has a seen a 5 times increase in my holiday dollar

No longer is their 1 air fare but 2.5, but this in itself is not the worry

2 years ago I would think it was cheap to get 3 star hotel in Bangkok, but this year I have seen nearly a 100% increase in price per night stays

The Thai Baht just does not get the exchange rate it did 12 months 2 years ago

An food everywhere seems to have doubled

With all the bad news about no tourists in Thailand and the wife never being to Phuket we though it would be nice to spend 4-5 days there

As I have stayed in the Baan Boa resort in Patong beach 2 times before and at a reasonable 1200 baht a night, we decided as it was 1/2 empty we might spread some dollars around, I was amazed to be told by my Thai wife that they would not budge 1 baht on the 2400 baht a night price tag, even though the place was at a minimal booked capacity, but if we waited 2 months they would do at 1200 baht

So what I seem to be reading in the Bankok media, is not what I am finding trying to spend some dollars in Thailand

Are oter finding this, or is it just me

It looks like our annual Thai holiday this year will be cancelled, and our overseas dollars not come to Thailand

Our Family ( Thai Wife myself and a 1 yr old baby) has a seen a 5 times increase in my holiday dollar

2 years ago I would think it was cheap to get 3 star hotel in Bangkok, but this year I have seen nearly a 100% increase in price per night stays

With all the bad news about no tourists in Thailand and the wife never being to Phuket we though it would be nice to spend 4-5 days there

As I have stayed in the Baan Boa resort in Patong beach 2 times before and at a reasonable 1200 baht a night, we decided as it was 1/2 empty we might spread some dollars around, I was amazed to be told by my Thai wife that they would not budge 1 baht on the 2400 baht a night price tag, even though the place was at a minimal booked capacity, but if we waited 2 months they would do at 1200 baht

So what I seem to be reading in the Bankok media, is not what I am finding trying to spend some dollars in Thailand

I guess it's up to you where you like to spend a few days in Thailand it all depends what you are looking for, if you looking for night life go to big cities if you look just for a relaxing holiday away

from the big cities whith some natural attractions you can have a cheap holiday. I certainly do not charge 1200 baht per night, mine is less than half of that for the 3 of you.

( I certainly do not charge 1200 baht per night, mine is less than half of that for the 3 of you. )

I would have thought you would have told us where you are

Sorry my thread is about tourist who come to Bangkok to sped their dollars, not people who live here

My examples where hotels that the average tourist uses for instance

the Manhattan hotel is very popular in Bangkok

The price has doubled in 2 years, but not the service

Whether it's the unfavourable exchange rates or the Thai mentality that tells them to increase prices to cover falling custom, there are less tourists entering Thailand this year.

There was a program on Australian TV tonight about people/families spending their holidays at home this year instead of going on the prestigous overseas holiday.

Unlike parts of Europe, Australia can provide tropical beach holidays to rival anywhere in the world. However, it has always been expensive in comparison to a Bali, Fiji or Phuket.

Now the trend is away from the exotic Thai or whatever holiday for the more practical go to the Goldcoast or similar.

For places like Thailand this will only leave the more carnal attractions as the lure for the Australian tourist buck.

I think this is pretty much what other people are saying too. Yes of course it's about the exchange rate but more than that Thai prices seem to be getting higher which is rather odd really when one considers the state of the economy (perhaps the big dip hasn't hit yet).

Other posters may argue the exception as if it were the rule - just as surely as some people may tell you black is white. :o

Over 'ere (London-UK) we are all always looking for and expecting a better deal when it comes to travel and services ...hotels etc and this outfit is typical with offers ...pinch of salt ...of course......at £19 quid

....even had some rooms going earlier last week for £9.... :D (450Bt).....in LONDON

ALL companies are doing it and 90 % OFF is the standard high st sales ...OFFER....

Theres IS a financial crunch on ..right......so if you want business then you gotta pitch for it and be competitive....

and that includes Thai Hotels.and airlines....... :o

anyway not advertising but this is the future...and its going to get...not worse .........but MORE Competitive...init... :D

Travelodge £19 Saver Deals - Book now ....UK.....

Search for a Travel Lodge Discounted Super Saver Room at 'Saver Rates' from

Travelodge UK Hotels is the UK’s fastest growing and most recognised budget hotel company: We now have over 350 hotels within the UK, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain (20,000 rooms in total).

Over 6 million people stay with us at our Travelodge hotels every year and we're growing all the time.

Stay with us now and find out why our customers come back time after time.

Travelodge Winter Specials for 2009: Book Now For Rooms in 2009 for just £19! - just book 21 days in advance to grab a £19 deal.

Book a saver room discount deal for just £19.

Travelodge has made 50,000 rooms available for just £19 and £29 per room (not per person).

Our Cheap Saver Rooms are at tourist locations around the UK including many seaside resorts and top attraction locations - but it's first come, first served so please book early. :D