Tourist Visa Help!

Hey,

I'm just after a little help with some visa information....

I'm going to Thailand next month on a 60 day tourist visa i am a Australia and iv been reading over the internet you can extend the visa for a extra 30 days at a immigration office over in Thailand for something like 1800 Baht.

Anyway i was just wondering if you need to leave the country after the 60 days and return, even if it has extended because the people i'm going with got told if your on a tourist visa YOU HAVE TO leave the country after the 60 days and re enter?

Also were would make a phone call to get all this information if you don't need to leave the country, so i can show them.

Thanks Everyone

Thomas

Hey,

I'm going to Thailand next month on a 60 day tourist visa i am a Australia and iv been reading over the internet you can extend the visa for a extra 30 days at a immigration office over in Thailand for something like 1800 Baht.

Anyway i was just wondering if you need to leave the country after the 60 days and return, even if it has extended because the people i'm going with got told if your on a tourist visa YOU HAVE TO leave the country after the 60 days and re enter?

Also were would make a phone call to get all this information if you don't need to leave the country, so i can show them.

Thanks Everyone

Thomas

You were told wrong.

Just before your 60 days are up go to Immigration and apply for a 30 day extension 1,900 Baht. No no need to leave the country.

Ah Awesome do you have a number i could call to prove this for the my girl friends parents who are taking me over, they rang the Thai Embassy in Brisbane asking about Visas or wat eva and they told them about i have to leave the country or some C**P but i need a number or something to prove to them otherwise they wont belive me lol.

Thanks

Immigration Website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...hp?page=service

Click on Visa Extension It only works if you are using Internet explorer.

Hey,

Thanks Everyone

Thomas

A Tourist visa is usually good for a 90 day stay. You receive 60 days upon entry and can apply for a 30 day extension from immigration. You do not have to leave the country after 60 days, just get the 30 day extension from immigration before the 60 days is up.

Edited by InterestedObserver

Ah Awesome do you have a number i could call to prove this for the my girl friends parents who are taking me over, they rang the Thai Embassy in Brisbane asking about Visas or wat eva and they told them about i have to leave the country or some C**P but i need a number or something to prove to them otherwise they wont belive me lol.

Thanks

Immigration Website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...hp?page=service

Click on Visa Extension It only works if you are using Internet explorer.

Or here on Sydney consulate website.

http://www.thaiconsulatesydney.org/Consula...sa/Tourist.html

And could you do this back-to-back, for a 6-month stay?

Yes you could. You could also request a double entry Tourist visa which would give you the 6 months with the same visa. A so-called visa run is needed, after the first 60 days plus 30 day extension, to activate the second entry; i.e., leave the country to a neighboring country, turn around, and then reentry Thailand.

And could you do this back-to-back, for a 6-month stay?
Yes you could. You could also request a double entry Tourist visa which would give you the 6 months with the same visa. A so-called visa run is needed, after the first 60 days plus 30 day extension, to activate the second entry; i.e., leave the country to a neighboring country, turn around, and then reentry Thailand.
If you did it in Australia you could even get a 3 entry tourist visa which would allow you almost 9 months without getting a new visa.