Where To Buy Or Where To Order Shoarma Herbs - Spice

easyman

Hello Shoarma lovers,

We live here in the province Chiang-Rai.

I have always made the shoarma my self.

But i'm running out off the shoarma herbs (spice) (kruiden).

So my question does sombody know a place where i kan buy them, or can order them for a resonable price.

Thanks and a happy shoarma meal.

easyman.

I just googled "Schwarma Spices". Google came back with over 13,000 references.

Yes that is correct, and at the moment i have looked over 12,000 references, but none mets a sellingpoint

or a order point at a resonable price in Thailand or better the province Chiang-Rai.

So i still hope somebody has a usefull answer.

Thanks and Best regards ; easyman.

Here is one recipe - you can get all these ingredients in Thailand

* 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (thinly cut)

* 1 cup plain yogurt

* 1/4 cup vinegar

* 2 cloves garlic, crushed

* 1 teaspoon pepper

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 2 cardamom pods

* 1 teaspoon allspice

* juice from 1 lemon

* ___________________________

* FOR THE SAUCE:

* 1 cup tahini

* 2 cloves garlic, crushed

* 1/4 cup lemon juice

* 2 tablespoons yogurt

* ___________________________

* PITA FILLINGS:

* 8 loaves of pita bread or 4 large

* thinly slice cucumbers

* thinly sliced onions

* 1/2 teaspoon sumac

* thinly sliced tomatoes

* 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped

* pickle slices (optional)

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients except for chicken, fillings, and sauce ingredients to make marinade. If it seems a little dry, add a little olive oil (a tablespoon at a time). Here is an excellent tahini recipe, if you do not have some handy.

Add chicken, cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, preferable overnight.

In a stockpot or large saucepan, cook chicken over medium heat for 45 minutes or until done. Be sure not to overcook! If chicken becomes a little dry, add a few tablespoons of water throughout cooking duration.

While chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Combine sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside.

Take the onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and sprinkle with sumac. Add other filling ingredients in a large bowl and combine well.

When the chicken is done, you can shred it, slice it, or leave into large pieces. As long as it it thinly cut, there is not much difference. I prefer to cut mine into wide strips.

Prepare the Pita

Place enough chicken on pita that cover 1/4 of the loaf. Add veggies and pour sauce. Roll like a soft taco or burrito and you have shawarma! You can also stuff the pocket of the pita if you like. I prefer to roll large pitas (this is where making your own pita comes in handy), but it is hard to find large loaves of pita at the supermarket.

Serving Shawarma

You can serve shawarma with fries, falafel, hummus, or with a salad like tabouleh.

I just googled "Schwarma Spices". Google came back with over 13,000 references.

Yes that is correct, and at the moment i have looked over 12,000 references, but none mets a sellingpoint

or a order point at a resonable price in Thailand or better the province Chiang-Rai.

So i still hope somebody has a usefull answer.

Thanks and Best regards ; easyman.

Hello Nampeung;

Looks very good, i will give it a shot.

Thanks for the receipt.

Easyman.

I your lookin to get spices delivered call or email United Progress for great fresh spices at reasonable prices, after you order(min. size is 100gram pkg) they will email you with your total . i get it delivered by EMS but you can use the cheaper delivery by bus.

[email protected]

55/112 Lardprao Sot88, Lardprao Road, Kwaeng Wangthonglang, Khet Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310 Thailand.

Tel. (662) 530-1196, (662) 530-2297, (662) 514-4319 Fax. (662) 530-2094 E-mail: [email protected]

I your lookin to get spices delivered call or email United Progress for great fresh spices at reasonable prices, after you order(min. size is 100gram pkg) they will email you with your total . i get it delivered by EMS but you can use the cheaper delivery by bus.

[email protected]

55/112 Lardprao Sot88, Lardprao Road, Kwaeng Wangthonglang, Khet Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310 Thailand.

Tel. (662) 530-1196, (662) 530-2297, (662) 514-4319 Fax. (662) 530-2094 E-mail: [email protected]

Many thanks for this.

do you know if they also have a shop there , or is it only call or e-mail and wait?

If they have a shop , I can look in April there . Then i have a one dat stay in Bangkok.

Thanks in advance. Easyman.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

easyman,

What type of Shoarma do you make? I thought that Shoarma was made with mince meat.....very often lamb and then put on one of those revolving doner kebab things and middle eastern in origin? Am I correct?

Edited by Hadrian1