Vegetarian Restaurants Close To Soi Ari?

ricklev

Anyone know of any curry on rice basic vegetarian places in the Äri area?

I used to go to the Santi Asoke place (I think that's what it was) a couple of years ago, but it doesn't look like its there anymore.

Ari looks great for food but the emphasis seems to be on pork in all its many fried and refried forms.

Thanks!

vegetarian-only (aharn jaeh'') places are very rare in Thailand-though there seems to be a loosely organised chain of such places-99% of them near BMA-govmt. offices and in uni's-they have some distinctive sign. But about any of the ''khao khaeng=curry on rice (point-1 or 2 ''things'')-have veget.options-just ask. But TIT;if youre very, very strict-they may still have been prepared in the same cooking-oil as the previous pork/chicken/whatever-dish.

The only other option is to ask round-improve your Thai knowledge. Most eating places know all the others around pretty well.

Thanks, I found the Santi Asoke Vegetarian food court. It move about 100 meters down the road. Its a festival of fake entrails, etc. Its off the Ari BTS the furtherest exit from Ari and on the opposite side of the street close to the Mazda dealer. In`case anyone else needs some Moo(ish) Deng.

• 5 weeks later...
The Banana Family Park, in between Soi 1 and Phahonyothin near the Tesco Express, is vegetarian only. It also houses the Ban Ari, Buddhist library. Pretty easy to find, but you actually have to go inside to see the restaurants.

I think I passed by this area today. I saw a huge vegetarian sign. I walked in to take a look but didn't see anything. I think they close at 3 PM.