Town Houses Over The Sukhumvit

expatgaz

How much are these 2 bed 1 bath town houses priced at in the developments over the Sukhumvit ? You know the small ones in Eakmongkol and Chokchai etc. I know they seem to be selling at abt 800,000 - 1 mil after construction but i hear if you get in and buy one pre construction then there 600,000- 650,000 any trueth in that?. What does that price include? tiles, bathroom ? I know i could jump on my bike and drive down looking but this way seems easier, then maybe i'll go to take a look. Is there plenty available pre construction or what ? any help appreciated . Cheers.

How much are these 2 bed 1 bath town houses priced at in the developments over the Sukhumvit ? You know the small ones in Eakmongkol and Chokchai etc. I know they seem to be selling at abt 800,000 - 1 mil after construction but i hear if you get in and buy one pre construction then there 600,000- 650,000 any trueth in that?. What does that price include? tiles, bathroom ? I know i could jump on my bike and drive down looking but this way seems easier, then maybe i'll go to take a look. Is there plenty available pre construction or what ? any help appreciated .  Cheers.

If it is 600-650000 I'll be interested.As a foreign national wouldn't a townhouse not be eligible for ownership?I read condos only and no shophouses,houses,or land for foreigners.

Some serious answers would be nice :o

Thought Crazy Dave would have the news.

Perhaps nobody knows Gaz - might be worth you shooting over to Soi Nern Plub Whan and others and then reporting back what you find out. I suspect Crazy Dave's busy watching Bob eat another amazing value breakfast :D (I love that ad) and has no time with it being peak season.

The prices sound about right.

Best to get in at the construction phase to make sure the design and fittings are up to farang standard.

It will add a little to the overal price, but will be worth it in the long run.

Noisy neighbours can be a problem, particularly with townhouses.

As a farang you will have to look at "how" to own the property.

A company is the best was. I good lawyer can advise.

Do a search in this section on lawyers.

Astral , understand all the ins and outs in getting the property as i already own in Jomtien.I just wanted to know if the price was abt correct and where these places are, where construction phase is still available. What is that development near the New Inn ? I think they have construction ongoing ?

ok, serious reply time.

normally if you get in at the beginning you get the best price, obviously a lot of people are against that idea due to the last property crash when the banks forclosed on projects etc before they were finished, but now does seem like a boom time so i think you pretty safe :o

I have tweo homes being built in two different Eakmongkol developments. It can save you 20% by buying before construction is complete. Do not buy the cheapest home out there, buy something that the next buyer will want to buy!!! With interest rates really low, you can afford a good house. If you are willing to live as far off as Eakmongkol Soi KhaoTalo, then you would more than likely be willing to live in Eakmongkol Soi Chaiyapruk, Jomtien Beach. I agree, the houses in Khaotalo are less expensive, but the houses in Jomtien asre a lot nicer.

The new development on Soi 17 opposite the Harlely Bar / Suksubai Villa is also worth a look. 2.3 million will get you a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom on 50 talangwah.

If money is of importance, then I would agree with you to stay up on Soi Khaoalo, where you can get a larger house for less money, but I would really sugggest that you buy the bigger property. I think that they have three bedroom detached homses being built up there as well. You can have a multitude of changes done to them for little money prior to construction, making htem far better than the Thai designer. You can email me if you want more infomaration, as my friends and I have nbought 11 houses from them and have and will make many changes.

[email protected]

The standard way to own property here is to have you accountant form a company which owns the house. I have been doing it that way since 1990, and friends of mine have done it that way since the 80s or before. I do not know when the system began.

Although no place is perfect,

Your prices were correct for attached houses sharing one wall.

Go and take a look in the morning when the weather is cool and you will see what is available.

Again, those are not the top of their housing line, and the neighbors might not be to your liking.