English Sat Channels

h90

just got a digital TV dish+receiver.

Now I can get 100s of things and I feel total lost.

Has anyone experience with that? Specialy where can I find series or movies in english, on which sat or which channel is recommendable?

Also what is on paytv arround beside UBC Thailand?

total confused :o

If you know the satellite(s) you are tuning into, then you can get their listings here:

http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html

If you've signed up for a package, then go here:

http://www.lyngsat.com/

I hope this helps.

thanks a lot, any idea which of these are in my range if I sit in Bangkok (7 feet dish), I am only able to receive 8 Satelites.

I worry they sold me something not perfect..

If you know the satellite(s) you are tuning into, then you can get their listings here:

http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html

If you've signed up for a package, then go here:

http://www.lyngsat.com/

I hope this helps.

thanks a lot, any idea which of these are in my range if I sit in Bangkok (7 feet dish), I am only able to receive 8 Satelites.

I worry they sold me something not perfect..

What system did you buy ?

You should getting more than 8 satellites !

bbc world is on one of the pas satellites. palapa show a lot of english programming in the evenings, including premiership soccer on the weekend. the asiasat satellites also has some english programming.

Hmmm. Interesting thread.

I am on the point of looking for a satellite system - previous threads on here (and perusing UBC web site don't show very much in the way of stimulating or entertaining programming for the money.

I am looking into everything but UBC - as well as thread to lyngsat - anyone got any pointers to system and programmes - paid or otherwise - without the UBC rubbish?

When I checked the list the 100 channels is a lot of nothing.

All the local TV channels around the region.

Anything I would consider watching is PAY TV and all tied up with UBC.

Yes, most of the channels are <deleted>, but they are free-to-air channels. I had UBC for over a year, and got bored with it after a few months - i only really watched the premiership soccer, movies and the news. I now have PSI, and i'm still watching premiership soccer, news and the occasional movie, except now i'm not paying over 1500bht a month.

I just installed a 7.5' dish from a company in Pattaya.

It's basically a subsidiary or on-sellor for a Thai company called Dynasat - based in BKK.

Check out www.dynasat.com

The whole package (incl digital receiver, installation, setup, tuning etc) came to 25,000 THB and now I've got access to approx 400 free channels from approx 25 satellites.

Having said that, the sat I watch most is Agila KU, which is the Phillipines equivalent of UBC, but without subtitles.

My teeruk watches the Thaicom2/3 sat, which provides all the Thai channels.

No ongoing monthly costs, and a great picture. Sound is good too if you plug it into your home theatre system.

I'd highly recommend it.

This question is addressed to Jai Dee. Can you still pick up Dream Satellite TV on Agila 2? If so, how is the reception? Does the company that set up your system give you the crack code for this package? If anyone else wants to see what's on Dream, here's the link:

http://www.dream.com.ph/main.asp?p=programming

JSAT TV doesn't advertise the Dream package anymore. (The "premium" channels were always encrypted on Agila 2, by the way.) Anyway, here's what they say on their website http://www.jsat.tv/:

Please note: JSAT tv provides satellite tv packages for the purpose of watching free to air digital satellite TV and free to air digital satellite Radio services from over 29 satellites above the Kingdom of Thailand.  JSAT tv does not provide subscription services (see legal.txt for more details) for various network so do not be offended when you ask if we say  "no", however JSAT tv will put you in contact with the subscription provider for this purpose. If there is not a service listed here that you want, please ask as it is likely we have the service available - different sized dishes, receivers etc. There is no direct programming from Europe/UK and the USA that you may be used to.
Edited by melus

Jai Dee,

thanks a lot I wrote them an email! It seems you bought it 10.000 Baht more expensive than I did, but you got something very fine, while I got a piece of shit. so fair enough to pay more.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry folks... been offline since last Friday.

Holidays...

Anyway, to Melus, I'm not sure of Dream TV... I'll check tonight after work and revert tomorrow.

And as for changing the encryption on Agila, I hadn't heard that, but if they do, I'm confident it won't be long before the code is cracked and there's another "sofware loadload" available. Fingers crossed!

And to h90, yes - I've been advised that if I had done some more homework I could have purchased the system much cheaper, but this particular business is managed by a farang, and he has been more than helpful in setting it up and keeping me happy.

This particular business also does repairs, software downloads etc... I can pass on thir contact details if you wish. Maybe they can visit you in BKK (for a fee of course) and set yours up properly for you.

OK, I checked the channels on Agila2 last night and this is the listing of what's available:

Channel Name

1 E-Talk

2 ABS-CBN

3 NBN4

4 ABC5

5 GMA7

6 RPN9

7 EWTN

8 IBC13

9 Formosa TV

10 Mabuhay Channel

11 AXN

12 Cinemax

13 Fox News

14 HBO

15 Star Chinese

16 Star Movies

17 TCM

18 NHK

19 Cartoon Network

20 Disney Channel

21 PBO

22 Star World

23 MTV Phillipines

24 CNBC

25 BBC World

26 Deutche

27 TV5

28 Studio 23

29 ABC Asia

30 Living Asia

31 TBN

32 4UTV

33 ENB/UNTV

34 Net 25

35 Bloomberg

36 21st Century Movies

37 CCP@DREAM

38 Church Channel

39 Nickelodeon

40 ESPN

41 Star Sports

42 DVMC

43 Hallmark

44 National Geographic

45 Adventure 1

46 ETC

47 CNN

48 Animax

49 Sports Plus

50 SOHO

51 DCinema1

52 DCinema2

53 GOD Channel

54 DMC

55 Karaoke Channel

56 ACQ KBN

As you can see, the available channels does look a lot like the Dream TV package described by Melus' link.

As I have free access to it, (although listed as a $ channel on the channel display) I assume that the company I bought the kit from installed the crack code in the digital receiver.

The Agila C satellite only has Pime Channel, Living Asia, ESC, Channel 11, JCTV, and Familyland TV.

What I'd be interested in is obtaining a crack for the Thaicom 2/3 KU satellite... I can see ALL the UBC channels listed, and the signal reception is excellent, but I have no access to the channels.

Reason why... although all these channels are on the Agila KU sat, they have no subtitles, and my Thai wife is a bit lost as her English (although pretty good) is not up to par with the fast-paced dialogue of an English speaking movie.

Any leads?

Michael,

The company in Pattaya is called KSR Electric City. They have a shop in South Pattaya Road - very close to Sukhumvit Road. Telephone number 038-422136.

The expat I spoke to is named Terry.

You might also try mobile telephone number 016 867 419. When I called that number previously I quite often got a Thai female answering, but she did get Terry to call me back.

Good luck.

Almost forgot...

The system I paid 25,000 THB for was the movable satellite system... controlled by a hand held remote.

Another system on offer is the fixed dish system for 16,000 THB. If you only wanted the Agila2 sat channels (see previous post) it would be a very cost effective solution.

Almost forgot...

The system I paid 25,000 THB for was the movable satellite system... controlled by a hand held remote.

Another system on offer is the fixed dish system for 16,000 THB.  If you only wanted the Agila2 sat channels (see previous post) it would be a very cost effective solution.

If you want to access more than one satellite, you dont need to have a movable system. It is cheaper to just have more than one dish and LMB. I'm not sur what the cutoff point is for the number of sats that you watch before a motorised movable dish becomes cheaper, but I bet its alot. The dishes and LMBs are dirt cheap.

I had a system that looked at 3 sats. It used 2 dishes and 3 LMBs. ie one of the dishes had 2 LMBs in it so that it looked at 2 different satellites. The recievers are smart enough to switch to the correct LMB when you change channel.

Almost forgot...

Another system on offer is the fixed dish system for 16,000 THB.  If you only wanted the Agila2 sat channels (see previous post) it would be a very cost effective solution.

If you want to access more than one satellite, you dont need to have a movable system. It is cheaper to just have more than one dish and LMB. I'm not sur what the cutoff point is for the number of sats that you watch before a motorised movable dish becomes cheaper, but I bet its alot. The dishes and LMBs are dirt cheap.

I had a system that looked at 3 sats. It used 2 dishes and 3 LMBs. ie one of the dishes had 2 LMBs in it so that it looked at 2 different satellites. The recievers are smart enough to switch to the correct LMB when you change channel.

Do you mean additional 7.5' dishes? :o

Better have a lot of roof real estate!!! :D

And I'm curious about the LMB... what is that?

Do you mean additional 7.5' dishes? :o

Better have a lot of roof real estate!!! :D

Are you are living in a shoe box?

And I'm curious about the LMB... what is that?

Sorry, I meant LNB, the part of a satellite antenna that is positioned in front of the dish to receive the signal and converts the signal to be carried by cable to the receiver.

Jai dee,

You're out of luck if you wish to view ubc channels in the same way you watch Dream!

UBC switched to irdeto2 encoding about 2 years ago, and this system is still not cracked....

Also, while watching dreamTV this way is legally not very risky, owning a cracked system for UBC is in a different league since you're stepping on Thaksin's shoes...

Before they changed the system and lots of people had cracked cards, quite a few of the dealers went to jail, and a (stupid) farang friend of mine using one of those cards in his beerbar and bragging about it, got deported over the case....

Michael,

The company in Pattaya is called KSR Electric City.  They have a shop in South Pattaya Road - very close to Sukhumvit Road.  Telephone number 038-422136.

The expat I spoke to is named Terry.

You might also try mobile telephone number 016 867 419. When I called that number previously I quite often got a Thai female answering, but she did get Terry to call me back.

Good luck.

thanks for the info, I'll call Terry :-)

• 2 months later...

Dear anyone....Noticed the post below.

I'd be happy enough with just these channels.

I live in Chiangmai and can get a dynasat dish and box. I can buy new or in fact have a friend who doesn't use his...maybe available.

How do I go about getting the channels? Does it have to be cracked? Could I just subscribe?

cheers Sleepyjohn

POST No 17:

OK, I checked the channels on Agila2 last night and this is the listing of what's available:

Channel Name

1 E-Talk

2 ABS-CBN

3 NBN4

4 ABC5

5 GMA7

6 RPN9

7 EWTN

8 IBC13

9 Formosa TV

10 Mabuhay Channel

11 AXN

12 Cinemax

13 Fox News

14 HBO

15 Star Chinese

16 Star Movies

17 TCM

18 NHK

19 Cartoon Network

20 Disney Channel

21 PBO

22 Star World

23 MTV Phillipines

24 CNBC

25 BBC World

26 Deutche

27 TV5

28 Studio 23

29 ABC Asia

30 Living Asia

31 TBN

32 4UTV

33 ENB/UNTV

34 Net 25

35 Bloomberg

36 21st Century Movies

37 CCP@DREAM

38 Church Channel

39 Nickelodeon

40 ESPN

41 Star Sports

42 DVMC

43 Hallmark

44 National Geographic

45 Adventure 1

46 ETC

47 CNN

48 Animax

49 Sports Plus

50 SOHO

51 DCinema1

52 DCinema2

53 GOD Channel

54 DMC

55 Karaoke Channel

56 ACQ KBN

As I have free access to it, (although listed as a $ channel on the channel display) I assume that the company I bought the kit from installed the crack code in the digital receiver.

Edited by sleepyjohn