2009 Bangkok Motor Show

stament

Hi,

I did a few searches on google and thai visa and managed to ascertain the dates of the 2009 Bangkok Motor Show - end of March to early April.

However, most of the sites I visited were in Thai and the ones in English I couldn't see any ticket details.

Does anyone know from past experience, do you have to get tickets in advance? If not where can I advance purchase them from?

I'm only able to make the last day as flying in the day before but don't want to miss out.

Thanks

Correct, just rock up & pay on the door.

Do you know where the BITEC centre is & how to get there?

BITEC

There will be a free bus from On-nut sky train station. Though be aware it might go from what you consider to be the "wrong side" of Sukhumvit Rd. i.e. facing into the city rather than towards the airport.

Bangkok Motor Show is great day out. Lots to see, LOTS of walking, some very nice curves.... then ofcourse there's the cars aswell :o

Don't forget to check out what's going on outside too.... there'll be lots.

Edited by Lancashirelad

I once walked in through the last door on the left, close to motorcycle circuit or something. No one asked me for a ticket.

It was the closest entrance coming from the pedestrian bridge on the other side, I genuinely had no idea.

I once walked in through the last door on the left, close to motorcycle circuit or something. No one asked me for a ticket.

It was the closest entrance coming from the pedestrian bridge on the other side, I genuinely had no idea.

The Motor Show at Bitec [end March] usually have a few halls of exhibits, including an Accessories 'Tent' detached from the complex proper. The entrance fee only applies to the Main Hall, normally reserved for cars, and no fee is collected for the Motorcycle section and the Accessories section.

All of them will be air-conditioned, by the way. Except the outdoor audio demo area in the car park, which starts in the evening, where the 'coyote' dancers appear.

BITEC

There will be a free bus from On-nut sky train station. Though be aware it might go from what you consider to be the "wrong side" of Sukhumvit Rd. i.e. facing into the city rather than towards the airport.

Bangkok Motor Show is great day out. Lots to see, LOTS of walking, some very nice curves.... then ofcourse there's the cars aswell :o

Thanks LL

Well, I walked in via motorcycles, I think, and it was just an extension of the main hall, no further checks.

Actually I thought that there'd be the second entrance with security check, like before the main hall, the area where you buy tickets and snacks, but there wasn't.

I didn't mean to gate crash.

• 2 weeks later...
there are gonna be some caddies? if so im surely gonna b there

Is this what you mean...from the first day of the 2007 show, just point your camera and you get a lovely smile. Unfortunately last year we were away when it was on so missed it. Going this year though.

Just ask your car dealer to give you tickets for the first day, this year it's from 26th March until 6th April. It's worth going just for the entertainment on the Mercedes stand.

post-17329-1233841425_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Went last year and very good. :D

Got free ticks but cant remember from where.Think I was the only one to say anything good about the TATA pickup and looking forward to having a look at the new ...wots its name...Nano.....which costs about 299 bt or sumit... :o

BITEC

Any idea of what time the free bus stops taking passengers on weekdays.

BITEC

Any idea of what time the free bus stops taking passengers on weekdays.

Hi sorry Easylife, i only get weekly forum updates. Just spent ages on this on Google. I can't find any reference as to how often the bus runs, even on BTS own site, but i know its quite frequently.

It is free for BTS passengers, though i think unlikley you'll be asked for BTS ticket. (ticket machine swollows it anyway doesn't it?).

It definately goes from the other side of the road. i.e. facing into BKK. Look for sign saying "free bus". If there's a group of people around just ask "Bitec bus?" in a group, someone always speaks English.

Enjoy. I'm envious i can't come with you!