A Dumb Question

PhilHarries

Liquids, Aerosols and Gels in carry on baggage.

Ten days time I'll be flying back to Thailand for a break and it can't come quick enough. Some friends in Thailand have asked me to bring them some genuine Korean ginseng tea and kimchi. Yes I know it's the same as you get in BigC et al but they want the "real McCoy".

My question is would a jar of kimchi be viewed as an offensive weapon? :D

Tp put it another way : Could a terrorist bring down an airliner armed only with kimchi? :o

Seriously though, would a jar of said pickle be allowed in carry on luggage?

I believe there is a very high probability that kimchi could be viewed as a chemical or biological weapon

Yup ^^^ more likely a WMD. Gotta love the stuff, I still need an occasional fix and it's 10 years since I worked in Korea.

Double (triple if you're paranoid) wrap it in heat sealed bags and put in your checked luggage. You will likely get away with it in hand baggage if less than 100ml per container and all your containers fit in the 'clear plastic bag' but the liquid content likely puts it in the 'gels' category.

Flying back from Seoul to LHR in the 90s there was invariably a cardboard box on the carousel the contents of which had leaked during the flight, feel for whoevers case was next to it in the container, yuk :o

Liquids, Aerosols and Gels in carry on baggage.

Ten days time I'll be flying back to Thailand for a break and it can't come quick enough. Some friends in Thailand have asked me to bring them some genuine Korean ginseng tea and kimchi. Yes I know it's the same as you get in BigC et al but they want the "real McCoy".

My question is would a jar of kimchi be viewed as an offensive weapon? :D

Tp put it another way : Could a terrorist bring down an airliner armed only with kimchi? :o

Seriously though, would a jar of said pickle be allowed in carry on luggage?

No it wil not they will take it away from you,they took away from me a jar of pickles and even two jars of (sambal)chilipaste.And instaed of giving it to the poor they throw it in the waste bin and broke it.

Thanks for the responses, I kind of thought that they may not pass the test. I really want to travel with carry on only but looks like if I am to bring any it'll have to go in checked in baggage (triple wrapped in bubble wrap and polystyrene).

Just had lunch : Pork and kimchi soup with a side dish of kimchi, they haven't developed kimchi ice cream yet but I am sure they're working on it.

No it wil not they will take it away from you,they took away from me a jar of pickles and even two jars of (sambal)chilipaste.And instaed of giving it to the poor they throw it in the waste bin and broke it.

Were your jars less than 100ml content (that's not much, less than 1/4 pint by the way)?