Restaurant/shack With An Ocean View

universe2000

I wanted to visit a few restaurants in the Pattaya/Jomtien area that have an nice ocean view. Nothing too pricey, nor does it have to be fancy. Actually, if I can get good food, I really don't care about the environment as much. I've been to Mum Arroy and the food was just ok, but definitely worth a visit. I'll stop by Rimpa Lapin in Ban Amphur which sounds nice. But those are places I might go just once every month or two for the environment.

Looking for a place with dishes under 100 baht and dinner under 300 baht for two. Just a place to visit each week to enjoy the sunset. I could just stop by Jomtien and sit on the beach and order food from across the street, but I thought there might be other solutions.

Thanks

Malabar (sp?) at Ban Amphur is nice - some tables on the sand, others under cover. Not sure on price but not expensive - depends what you order. Preecha at Ban Ampur - great food, quite basic but very popular with Thais which is always a god sign - not expensive. The restaurant on stilts down at Bang Sare - although it's a bit of a drive from Pattaya, also not expensive.

Whether you could eat for 2 for 300 depends entirely on what you order.

At the end of Jomtien road, there's a restaurant that serves seafood literally by the sea, nothing fancy just sound of the waves accompany you while you dine. Food is okay (sorry not a real seafood fan here) and the price are cheap as well.

Explorer

I highly recommend Tone Haat (sp.?), which is located right on the ocean; and has a great seafood menu, at Thai prices. Most of the clientele is Thai. There is both indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoors, as long as it's not too chilly for you now, is fantastic. The wooden tables are under cover, about 20 yards from the water's edge. My favorite dish there is the BBQ prawns. I order the 1/2 kilo, which is 5 or 6 of them, depending upon their size, for 300 baht. They are a meal in themselves! There's a wide variety of seafood offered, but I'm really stuck on those prawns every time I go there!

You drive toward the Ambassador Hotel. Make a U-turn after you pass the Alangkarn sigh. Turn left down the soi with the green "Pinnacle Resort" sign. Take that to the end, and follow the road around to the right (no choice!). You'll pass a couple of other seaside restaurants. Tone Haat is the last one, and has some covered carport parking opposite the restaurant, on the right side of the road.

I think I have been in that area. I believe it is still part of Jomtien. The place I went had an abundance of seafood. We just picked out what we wanted from the tanks. The prices were definitely reasonable (for seafood). I'll stop by Tone Haat and see if the same place I ate at before.

Also sounds like Ban Amphur has a few choices.

Thanks for the info.