Retirement Extension Renewal

today , i renewed my extension based on retirement at hua hin immigration office.

the renewal was done quickly by a friendly officer.

after presenting my paperwork and getting the stamp in my passport , the officer asked me to wait for a few minutes whilst he went over to his computer and typed away for about 5 or 10 minutes.

he came back with a long letter in thai and he asked me to sign it and to draw a map of where i lived on the back.

i read thai and so started to read it , most of it was just a statement by the officer , giving his name and saying he had examined my paperwork etc. and he had asked me questions about my address , my bank account etc.

the letter gave details of the questions he asked and details of the answers i gave , even though he had in fact not directly asked me these questions. the details of my bank statement and address etc. were correct.

one question he claimed to have asked was a bit strange though.

it asked if i was in any ongoing legal dispute with my wife , and he had written that the answer i gave was "no"

as i was renewing an extension based on retirement , and not marriage i wonder why this statement was included , and how did he know i was married.

looking back on it i should have questioned him about this , but i didnt.

i didnt see anything incriminating in this or any other of the questions/answers so i duly signed it.

i have never had to sign a statement on previous renewals , and would like to warn / advise others to question what you might be asked to sign as there was no english translation provided.

has anybody else had to sign a statement like this ?