Retiring In Thailand

I am looking at retiring in thailand soon on my 6oth birthday,i will obtain a retirement visa ere in Australia.

As i am single can i still retire permanently in Thailand,or do i have to marry.if i have the req monies in thai bank acct,and a regular income entering thailand.

Many thanx

I am looking at retiring in thailand soon on my 6oth birthday,i will obtain a retirement visa ere in Australia.

As i am single can i still retire permanently in Thailand,or do i have to marry.if i have the req monies in thai bank acct,and a regular income entering thailand.

Many thanx

For a Non-Immigrant "O-A" retirement visa obtained in your home country (Australia) the money does not have to be in Thailand for at least 1 year. After the first year you get a retirement extension from immigration in Thailand. At that point you need money in a Thai bank and/or pension income. Marriage is not required for a retirement visa or extension.

Moved to the Visa Forum.

You can extend your stay every year if you have 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank OR 65,000 Baht monthly income OR a combination of both.

These are the extension rules. You need 2.22.

Many thanks for this info,much appreciated.