Frenchman Stabbed By His Fiancé During Heated Argument

Boater

Early on Tuesday, Police and Medical Teams received an urgent call to attend a stabbing incident which occurred in a 2nd floor room at an apartment block in Central Pattaya. Authorities made their way to room number 173/5 where they found a badly injured Frenchman and his distraught Fiancé next to him. Mr. Serge Alain Delplanque, a 59 year old retired Police Officer from France was covered in blood and it became apparent that he had been stabbed in his stomach and arm and the attacker was his fiancé, Khun Wipar aged 22. She joined Mr. Delplanque at Hospital and was later arrested and taken to Pattaya Police Station where she explained that the pair had been out drinking for most of the night. When they returned to the room, they began arguing. Khun Wipar claims the argument became physical, at which point she picked up a knife. Mr. Delplanque attempted to disarm Khun Wipar, during which time she allegedly stabbed him. Police are investigating and have informed Mr. Delplanque that it is up to him if he wants to take the case further.

Source - http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/januar..._14_01_52.shtml

I had the lovely opportunity to have a Thai girl pull a knife during an argument. The first time, she managed to give me no option so I had to listen to her gibberish and threats. 3 hours of wasted time, lots of threats. Big talk because she had a knife.

THat girl had been a good person until then so I gave her another chance but I told her never to pull that crap again. SHe agreed, said sorry and said she didn't want to be like that again.

Well, another argument and this girl pulls out 4 assorted knives from the kitchen and starts talking big Thai again. You can imagine my dismay at allowing this kind of possibility to happen again. She forgot to leave me the no options so I created my option by putting a door in between us. A door with an exit out the house. And thats what I did. I left the house, assumed all my possessions would be broken.

I had neighbors call the police.

When a person pulls a knife, you have few options but basically because you are in Thailand, it will be a he says/she says deal and guess who wins? This girl told a person I know a completely madeup story that I had threatened to kill her. Amazing!!

That girl is gone. I never want to see her again.

Just get the hel_l away from anybody with a knife.

Don't assume you can wrestle a knife away. SOmebody will get hurt.

Don't attempt to incapacitate that Thai before damage with the knife is done. You will be charged with assault.

Find your defense against an pulled knife: a door, a frying pan, a blanket, a long strong stick. Just don't threaten with it or use it. Unfortunately, you have to get hurt first before you can use defense here.

For the record, the police never showed up. 90 minutes and nobody came around to help. She left thank Gawd. She left everything in tact because she had a friend there.

These knife stories now give me an uncomfortable feeling.

>>Police are investigating and have informed Mr. Delplanque that it is up to him if he wants to take the case further.

If the roles were reversed, would it still be " up to her"?

Yeah steelepulse, that one caught me too.

Usually the law is the law and nothing the victim can say or do will change the fact that she stabbed him and therefor should be punished according to law.

Perhaps the thai law has a clause saying... "eehhhh if the victim agrees that you stab him, then its ok to do it daah"

:o

Him - 59 years old

Her - 22 years old

37 Years age gap ......

why oh why do these men think they can have a ' Normal Relationship ' with such an age difference.

What's the old saying..."there's no fool like and old fool" :D

She ain't even much of a looker from the photos :D

I'm just glad me and my girl don't like alcohol :o

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

>>Police are investigating and have informed Mr. Delplanque that it is up to him if he wants to take the case further.

If the roles were reversed, would it still be " up to her"?

Yes, I think it would. It is my understanding that the injured party in a criminal matter must file a formal complaint with the police before the authorities can proceed further with the matter. There is nothing unusual about this, especially in matters where a police officer didn't witness the crime.

I had the lovely opportunity to have a Thai girl pull a knife during an argument. The first time, she managed to give me no option so I had to listen to her gibberish and threats. 3 hours of wasted time, lots of threats. Big talk because she had a knife.

THat girl had been a good person until then so I gave her another chance but I told her never to pull that crap again. SHe agreed, said sorry and said she didn't want to be like that again.

Well, another argument and this girl pulls out 4 assorted knives from the kitchen and starts talking big Thai again. You can imagine my dismay at allowing this kind of possibility to happen again. She forgot to leave me the no options so I created my option by putting a door in between us. A door with an exit out the house. And thats what I did. I left the house, assumed all my possessions would be broken.

I had neighbors call the police.

When a person pulls a knife, you have few options but basically because you are in Thailand, it will be a he says/she says deal and guess who wins? This girl told a person I know a completely madeup story that I had threatened to kill her. Amazing!!

That girl is gone. I never want to see her again.

Just get the hel_l away from anybody with a knife.

Don't assume you can wrestle a knife away. SOmebody will get hurt.

Don't attempt to incapacitate that Thai before damage with the knife is done. You will be charged with assault.

Find your defense against an pulled knife: a door, a frying pan, a blanket, a long strong stick. Just don't threaten with it or use it. Unfortunately, you have to get hurt first before you can use defense here.

For the record, the police never showed up. 90 minutes and nobody came around to help. She left thank Gawd. She left everything in tact because she had a friend there.

These knife stories now give me an uncomfortable feeling.

luckily you can walk/run away from a knife...... but not from a bullet..... :o

With some of these types the savage is not far under the surface, my advice, just after meeting/getting involved with one stage an argument, watch the reaction, some of these little bods are demons,..these sorts dont treat thai men the same, reason,? the thai men would probably kill them,..if you spot violence at all, GET HER GONE,.

So who started the assault?

Both drinking - had an argument.

I would expect that it got a little physical and the girl first grabs the knife as a defence weapon against a bigger opponent. But lacking control turns it into an offense weapon.

And him an ex-cop? Surely he could disarm a knife-toting girl?

But aptly named, I suspect. A bit of a plank.

So who started the assault?

Both drinking - had an argument.

I would expect that it got a little physical and the girl first grabs the knife as a defence weapon against a bigger opponent. But lacking control turns it into an offense weapon.

And him an ex-cop? Surely he could disarm a knife-toting girl?

But aptly named, I suspect. A bit of a plank.

I'm surprised that the police didn't pick up on Humpy's shrewd insight...

I don't have to worry about such GF behavior...even with the house roaches that come up through the pipes...she won't let me stomp them...I have to catch and release outside! I figure if she has this much regard for the life of a roach...I'm pretty safe...could I be wrong :o