Best Library For Buddhist Books In Town

aircut

Expecting a visitor, she wants to get English Buddhist books. can someone recommend a public library that has the best selection of English Buddhist books?

I wouldn't expect a public library to be willing to lend to a short term visitor.

Better to buy them, most bookshops in central city areas frequented by foreigners have a small selection, or buy some in farangland and bring them with her.

Have seen some great Buddhist stuff that I have not seen anywhere else, at Kinokuniya, 3rd fl., Siam Paragon. Also hear you can leave your passport (I do not recommend that) at Wat Bowonniwet when you borrow. Wat Mahathat would be more liberal if they lend. Of course, there are second-hand bookstores--Khaosan Rd. and other places--do not know how much they have.

Have seen some great Buddhist stuff that I have not seen anywhere else, at Kinokuniya, 3rd fl., Siam Paragon. Also hear you can leave your passport (I do not recommend that) at Wat Bowonniwet when you borrow. Wat Mahathat would be more liberal if they lend. Of course, there are second-hand bookstores--Khaosan Rd. and other places--do not know how much they have.

Yes, I would recommend Kinokuniya at Siam Paragon. It's on the 3rd floor, which is actually about the 6 floor when you get off the BTS. They have a large selection of Buddhist books in English. There also is a nice book store at Wat Mahathat that have a nice selection of Buddhist books in English. I have bought books at both places. You should look at both places, both have books the other doesn't.