Chiang Mai To Bangkok Advice Please

cecco

Okay, I have not been to BKK for many years, and I live in Pai. IN a few weeks I am taking my annual pilgrimmage to the land of my birth.

I shall exit through BKK but can't fly from CNX because I am taking too much art with me.

Can somebody please recommend where to stay for a 2 or 3 nights in BKK, if there are any special deals going on now, and what is the most affordable and easy way to get to the airport for my flight.

Have been looking for something reasonable in BKK myself (but traveling other way) apparently the Embassy Hotel is about 540b, one post said the rooms were a reasonable size, decor - improving (?)

While here whats the opinion of the train trip, does not matter which way up or down. does one see much of the country? Much room - am an Aussie thus worried about Thai sized seats. Thanx BJ

Have been looking for something reasonable in BKK myself (but traveling other way) apparently the Embassy Hotel is about 540b, one post said the rooms were a reasonable size, decor - improving (?)

While here whats the opinion of the train trip, does not matter which way up or down. does one see much of the country? Much room - am an Aussie thus worried about Thai sized seats. Thanx BJ

we use sombat tours coaches. run every hour. service good and usually excellent. safe driving. prompt. meals better than others we have tried. good leg room on seats. their newer coaches are even better. take credit cards if you push a bit.

Thanks Southerndown how do I find them online? tried google - nix. I'm making arrangements for next trip from Melbourne, aiming for late April. :o

OPPS just altered paramaters and got some references. is there a dedicated website for prices and times?

Edited by BrianJohn