Arrest Warrant Issued For Japanese Man Who Stole 19 Million Baht

sriracha john

Thailand seeks Japanese 'who stole firm's 49 million yen'

BANGKOK--Thai police have obtained an arrest warrant for a 55-year-old Japanese man on suspicion he stole operating funds worth about 49 million yen from a Japanese building material company in November, it has been learned.

The police determined Hideki Sugawara, an executive of the manufacturing company Siam TKM in Rayong Province, Thailand, and a native of Iwate Prefecture, had left for Cambodia by land, sources said. The police have placed him on international wanted lists via Interpol.

According to the police, Sugawara allegedly removed a company bank passbook under the name of its president and withdrew 19.15 million baht, worth about 49.2 million yen, from a bank in an industrial park in the province.

-The Yomiuri Shimbun (Japan) / Jan. 16, 2009

Edited by sriracha john

BANGKOK--Thai police have obtained an arrest warrant for a 55-year-old Japanese man on suspicion he stole operating funds worth about 49 million yen from a Japanese building material company in November, it has been learned.

The police determined Hideki Sugawara, an executive of the manufacturing company Siam TKM in Rayong Province, Thailand, and a native of Iwate Prefecture, had left for Cambodia by land, sources said. The police have placed him on international wanted lists via Interpol.

According to the police, Sugawara allegedly removed a company bank passbook under the name of its president and withdrew 19.15 million baht, worth about 49.2 million yen, from a bank in an industrial park in the province.

i wonder if the bank employee who accepted this small withdrawl is in on it? you would need three fortuners to carry this much in 1000 baht notes i would guess.

i wonder if the bank employee who accepted this small withdrawl is in on it? you would need three fortuners to carry this much in 1000 baht notes i would guess.

More like, 3 briefcases.

More like, 3 briefcases.

nope, sorry, wrong yet again, the last time i did this it took 3 cars

3 fortuners... :o

ok ok, i will spell it out for ya, a) guy is japanese :D hot fortuners are / were the number most sought after vehicle in cambodia and c) one for transport, two for diversionary purposes.