Abhisit Rewards His Friends :

Gravelrash

From Blog Bangkok Pundit and The Nation

Abhisit has started the reward campaign.

Nothing really surprising, only the bozos were thinking that with Abhisit things would, could change.

But what is striking is the same deja-vu arrogance, fundamental trait of character of all the thai politicians.

Abhisit, the so called “Oxford educated prime minister”, is just a politician, perfect duplicata (albeit younger and with a better hair style) of his peers.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva yesterday defended the appointment of Prapan Khoonmee, a Democrat Party member and leader of the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD), as an adviser to Science Minister Kalaya Sophonpanich.

The premier was mobbed by a crowd of Government House reporters who bombarded him with questions about the matter.

Abhisit said Prapan has been part of a Democrat Party working group and worked for the party for some time.

However, when asked about Prapan’s background in science and technology, the prime minister paused for a moment before saying “he is somewhat knowledgeable”.

He rejected claims Prapan’s appointment was a reward for the PAD. “
Nobody has got any reward. Everybody is joining the government simply to work
,” he said. (
)

The things that people think about!

Firstly, is it remotely conceivable that the new PM is putting into practice his stated aim of trying to bring all the factions together by bringing them into the team and that this appointment is a part of that process. Not a question by the way!

Secondly, the PM is Oxford educated hence it is not a case of him being, "the so called Oxford educated prime minister”, he was educated in Oxford as indeed he did live in the UK for many years.

Methinks you perhaps need to be more selective in your political reading material and stop reading internet blogs!

What's with the

Abhisit, the so called “Oxford educated prime minister”
?

So called? He IS an Oxford educated Prime Minister, no grey area there.

*Edit*

Chiang Mai beat me to it.

Oh, and "Is just a politician"......... No Shit Einstein.

Edited by Moonrakers

A nice bunch of replies, really insightful comments. :o

Gravelrash, any folk that thought Abhisit would be different from the old scumbag lying cheating corrupt politicians were being outragously optimistic, misguided by their naivity.

Having said that I still cling on to a tiny thread of hope that he might be a catalyst for change, but realistically he's just the same old same old, as this and many other reports have pointed out.

Edited by jasreeve17

Gravelrash, any folk that thought Abhisit would be different from the old scumbag lying cheating corrupt politicians were being outragously optimistic, misguided by their naivity.

Having said that I still cling on to a tiny thread of hope that he might be a catalyst for change, but realistically he's just the same old same old, as this and many other reports have pointed out.

What I meant to say was . . . on what basis do you contribute your comments in such a short time ?

What short time? Abhisit has been acting like an oldschool Thai politician since well before the coup, he has gone down and down and down, getting seedier and seedier and seedier with his politicial behaviour, over the last three years.

He looked like he could really be a great man for Thailand, as Thaksin did before him, but they are the same old same old. I hope that I am wrong, that all the disgraceful alliances he made to get into power, and the people he is putting into political office now, are left behind and he rises like a pheonix of democracy. But, I doubt it.

Please note that I'm happy to discuss issues with you folks, but the ever increasing tendency on this forum to insult with every reply without adding to the debate will not facilitate my replies. The majority of replies on this thread are meaningless insults, why bother?

What I meant to say was . . . on what basis do you contribute your comments in such a short time ?

What short time? Abhisit has been acting like an oldschool Thai politician since well before the coup, he has gone down and down and down, getting seedier and seedier and seedier with his politicial behaviour, over the last three years.

He looked like he could really be a great man for Thailand, as Thaksin did before him, but they are the same old same old. I hope that I am wrong, that all the disgraceful alliances he made to get into power, and the people he is putting into political office now, are left behind and he rises like a pheonix of democracy. But, I doubt it.

Please note that I'm happy to discuss issues with you folks, but the ever increasing tendency on this forum to insult with every reply without adding to the debate will not facilitate my replies. The majority of replies on this thread are meaningless insults, why bother?

I've just about had enough of this thread and its associated spouting. For goodness sake, we've got the OP who quotes misinformed opinions from a hack written blog and he thinks it's all fact, and now we have you! I can only imagine that the American populous has become bored now that there is nothing to rant about regarding American politics so they turn their gossip to the politics of other countries.

Explain your self, what has Abhisit been spouting and how has he been getting seedier and seedier for the past three years, what about his political behavior? - name specific examples that don't fit with his stated desire to unifie all factions in the country.

However, when asked about Prapan’s background in science and technology, the prime minister paused for a moment before saying “he is somewhat knowledgeable”.

:o

Predictable - the illegitimate PM trying to defend nepotism for an unqualified pick.

Edited by britmaveric

:o

Predictable - the illegitimate PM trying to defend nepotism for an unqualified pick.

Now, now, Brit. He's advisor to the Science Minister. Maybe he's the one who knows how to make ping-pong bombs.

Abhisit is the choice of the "old scumbag lying cheating corrupt politicians", what do people expect ?

When people were talking of their "moral high ground" as high as the Everest, they were probably intoxicated by the lack of oxygen. Now that they are back to our level, it's maybe time they open their eyes.