Visa Run Companies Please

Hi,I have a mate on a multi Non O 90 day and he needs to do a visa run sharpish. Anybody got any recommendations with a number or contact details I can pass on. I have done a search but they just tend to be slagging off mini buses etc. He will have a few days overstay as well, I don't know if that will make a difference ? Cheers in advance :o

He will have a few days overstay as well, I don't know if that will make a difference ? Cheers in advance :o

The Overstay fine is 500 Baht a day. If he gets stopped by police before he makes the border he could have a nice stay in the Immigration Detention Center.

I have used only one visa run provider: Claudio's. Their meeting place is at the parking lot of Tesco Superstore in On Nut. I don't want to advertise though, so I won't post their info. You can google for "thai visa run." But the very first one seems to be Jack Golf. I've never tried it because it's too expensive (three times as much as Claudio's) but they seem to have more services including a VIP Lounge with billiards, Internet, food, etc. at Cambodia. It probably depends on how much your friend is willing to spend, and where they live so the meeting place will be close enough.

Don't forget to bring passport-sized pictures and a ball pen for filling out forms.

I have used only one visa run provider: Claudio's. Their meeting place is at the parking lot of Tesco Superstore in On Nut. I don't want to advertise though, so I won't post their info. You can google for "thai visa run." But the very first one seems to be Jack Golf. I've never tried it because it's too expensive (three times as much as Claudio's) but they seem to have more services including a VIP Lounge with billiards, Internet, food, etc. at Cambodia. It probably depends on how much your friend is willing to spend, and where they live so the meeting place will be close enough.

Don't forget to bring passport-sized pictures and a ball pen for filling out forms.

Don't forget lovebug, this is the Koh Samui etc forum. Cambodia is not really an option for a visa run!! :o

Don't forget lovebug, this is the Koh Samui etc forum. Cambodia is not really an option for a visa run!! :o

Yes. Ranong or Malaysia are the prefered destinations for Samui.

He will have a few days overstay as well, I don't know if that will make a difference ? Cheers in advance :o

That sucks - for the others on the visa run. That means everyone else must wait longer while it gets sorted out. At least that's what I was told the one time I took one of those visa runs after asking how long the border would take.

That sucks - for the others on the visa run. That means everyone else must wait longer while it gets sorted out. At least that's what I was told the one time I took one of those visa runs after asking how long the border would take.

Naw, no BIG problem, you just pay at he border. I had that problem to. Took 5 minutes. :D

Thats why I asked Koheetsi. I know to some farangs time is so precious that an extra 5-10 minutes added onto a 12 hour journey is just not on! Also Some companies wont take people with overstay.

He ended up going via Chumphon to Ranong to do it no problem. I organised him a bike at Chumphon and he rode over the mountains, did his visa run, had a night there and is back today. Much more relaxed than a mad rush in a minivan.

Thanks to al for the replies, Cheers Dunc :D

Thats why I asked Koheetsi. I know to some farangs time is so precious that an extra 5-10 minutes added onto a 12 hour journey is just not on! Also Some companies wont take people with overstay.

He ended up going via Chumphon to Ranong to do it no problem. I organised him a bike at Chumphon and he rode over the mountains, did his visa run, had a night there and is back today. Much more relaxed than a mad rush in a minivan.

Thanks to al for the replies, Cheers Dunc :D

I been on border-runs with some people with overstays, it´s really no big deal at all, don´t take any extra time, they just pay their fine.

The biketrip to ranong is something i been thinking about since i did it with car the first time. It is marvelous landscape and fun, curvy roads. Must be the most pleasant/fun way to do a border-run. At the moment i can´t drive big bikes due to hip-problems, but the minuite i get that sorted i´m gonna take a chopper on the ranong-trip. Sounds so fun! And the hotels/restaurants in ranong are cheap and nice so a few days holiday there makes the trip even more relaxed and fun. Did he take any nice pics on the run to share in this forum?

• 1 year later...
Who is doing the Ranong/Burma run now? The one where you take the boat over to Victoria Point

Not sure. I did that run last time and we hired a car and did it ourselves. Was good fun apart from the getting lost part lol :)

not sure but think my post was deleted. all i said is that i use Easy Way. i did mean the company Easy Way. did not mean that i do it in an easy way.

they are based in Manam near post office

He will have a few days overstay as well, I don't know if that will make a difference ? Cheers in advance :)

Naw, no BIG problem, you just pay at he border. I had that problem to. Took 5 minutes. :D

whats happened to u Jens haven't seen u on here for a while ?

not sure but think my post was deleted. all i said is that i use Easy Way. i did mean the company Easy Way. did not mean that i do it in an easy way.

Check HERE Big C, post #52. Never been deleted, you are posting on 2 similar topics.

Check HERE Big C, post #52. Never been deleted, you are posting on 2 similar topics.

rodger rog. my mistake

• 10 months later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but does anyone know which days these companies operate? I need to do a visa run before the 12th and am trying to decide between Julie and Easy Way. I guess they don't operate seven days a week? If anyone knows please let me know.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but does anyone know which days these companies operate? I need to do a visa run before the 12th and am trying to decide between Julie and Easy Way. I guess they don't operate seven days a week? If anyone knows please let me know.

i would use herbert, by far better then the other 2

My friend was on Herberts run that crashed and left her with a broken leg and months in hospital... on top of that i have never heard a good word said about him by the people that I trust. If anyone knows the days Julie and Easy Way operate please let me know.

My friend was on Herberts run that crashed and left her with a broken leg and months in hospital... on top of that i have never heard a good word said about him by the people that I trust. If anyone knows the days Julie and Easy Way operate please let me know.

that was a while ago, but the service has heavily improved and i here nothing good stories from him, also he insures you now on all trips, and even includes hamburger and chips on the journey.

What days does Herbet operate, and what are the costs? Is the meeting place the same as for Julie? If he insures people it gives me a bit more confidence.

he can pick you up, i think he does it 4 times a week, but one day he uses the 3 day visa run VIP bus which is 200 THB more, but super luxury. And yes his insurance covers everything on the trip, and he is also very carefull when driving, used him 4 times this year, and it was a very smooth and well orginised visa run ,

Thanks Boater, will give him a call tomorrow and see if he has any room this week on the VIP bus... might as well give it a go :)

you need to book at least 3 weeks in advance for the VIP, but the normal bus is ok , just ask for the front passenger seat or the front row for extra leg room and you will be fine, but like i said, and from many friends here, he is now the best, i think that crash kicked him into action .

i was the same as you and really didnt want to use him the first time, but after my first trip with him i coulnt fault it

dont forget to give us a trip report !

Thanks Boater, will give him a call tomorrow and see if he has any room this week on the VIP bus... might as well give it a go :)

Dates and Prices starting with 15 August 2010 include full lunch

daytrippriceSundayVIP and SVBTHB1900THB2150TuesdayVIP THB1900 Wednesday no service Thursdayno service FridayVIP and SVBTHB1900THB2150

But maybe with changes due to flooding on the mainland, so call and ask.