Triple Entry Tourist Visa Extension

I've got a triple entry tourist visa. I got 60 days when I arrived on 12th December and it's due to run out on 9th Feb.

What is the maximum length of stay that I can arrange in Thailand and how can I go about doing that?

I am in the Chiang Mai region and I'd like to avoid a visa run for as long as possible!

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

A tourist visa can be extended by 30 days on paying 1,900 baht at an immigration office. Chinag Mai is fine for that.

Be warned that your visa has a limited validity. Your visa says something like "must be utilized before ****" You can not make any entries to Thailand with the visa after that date! So be sure to come to Thailand for the 3rd time before that date, so you get your 60 days and the extension.

I've got a triple entry tourist visa. I got 60 days when I arrived on 12th December and it's due to run out on 9th Feb.

What is the maximum length of stay that I can arrange in Thailand and how can I go about doing that?

I am in the Chiang Mai region and I'd like to avoid a visa run for as long as possible!

Thanks for that...

Does that mean that I can get a 30 day extension then leave the country and get another 60 days when I return?

Can I then do that again with my last entry visa, provided I use it within the time limit?

Also, I may have a problem getting to the immigration office on a weekday.. what times do they normally open? If I can get there do they process the extension quickly?

Yes. you understood it correctly. Each entry you can extend with 30 day, including the last one.

An immigration office has office hours, try to be there at 8:00. The extension won't take long, this kind of extension is just routine. You can already download the form and fill it in: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=download It's the tm 7 form. Print it double sided! and don't forget the passphoto.

Assuming your tourist visa is valid for 6 months (most 3-entry TV's are), then you can get a maximum of around 9 months if you time your extensions and entries correctly.

60 days + 30 day extension

Visa run

Visa run - this one should be done on the day before the "enter before" date printed on your tourist visa

Total 270 days (or less depending on how soon after the issue date you first entered Thailand)

Thanks for that...

Does that mean that I can get a 30 day extension then leave the country and get another 60 days when I return?

Can I then do that again with my last entry visa, provided I use it within the time limit?

Also, I may have a problem getting to the immigration office on a weekday.. what times do they normally open? If I can get there do they process the extension quickly?

Once again thanks for the replies...

Do you think I'll have a problem if i leave doing the extension until the last day I have to leave the country?

i.e what happens if they don't grant it? Is that likely?

Cheers.