Spanish Place Condominium Pattaya

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all and Happy New year!

I was wondering if anyone here owns or renting a property at Spanish Place Condos, off Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya?

I'll like to hear your comments both good and bad about the place.

Thank you

-K.

We have sold and rented units in Spanish place and I have watched it since the beginning.

Good is easy, the location is great, easy to get both in and out of town and far enough off of the Sukhumvit to not be too noisy.

Bad, I am sorry, is poor management and low quality although I have recently heard that some of the owners are taking over the management but this is just heresay. I am afraid that you will never be able to improve on the original build quality - there is better for the price out there.

I'll like to hear your comments both good and bad about the place.
Hi,

They were selling studios there at more than 1 million baht 2 years ago.

These day there is a big panel facing Sukhumvit "Studio for sell. From 599.900 baht"...

So I think there is no need to comment... :o

Hi guys

Thanks for the comments. One of the reasons for my interest is that SP is relatively low density, compared to, say, the Talay View developments.

Can anyone recommend anywhere else, low density and price ranging from 599-1.5mil (!). 32m2 is OK great if it's 40m2.

Also, what about town houses, which developments are considered "OK" taking into account my price range?

Thanks in advance.

PS, one the more important criteria is security of the place. I will not be staying 24/7, maybe just 24/2 ;-) so would appreciate recommendations on places with not much history of break-ins, if any.

Edited by kkcheo

Good and Bad!

If you own a place in the condo estate and live there you already know it's a reasonably quiet and comfortable place to live. 3 years ago it was managed well. Over the last 3 years the Spanish Place Condo Co. Ltd. has not done so well as the appearance of the common grounds are not as well maintained as before.

The comment about the owners taking over management of the place is accurate. The condo association under the thumb of the developer is now not working well and the owners have been meeting and talking about the "turnover" to the homeowners. So people are in limbo with this situation. The homeowners want action and the Company is dragging its feet. The usual things occur where a homeowner is promised something and the Company does not follow through with the promise or if it does not to the satisfaction of the owner.

It's still a decent place to live. Quiet and as stated easy to get anywhere in town from front and back entrances. Not top end and certainly not the bottom end. A studio for 600k that is not a bad deal.

One of the reasons will poor management could be a result of lack of cash. with inflation etc etc the monthly maintenance paid by the tenants may or many not be enough for the upkeep to the tenant's expectations. This problem is not isolated as developments elsewhere, like Malaysia, have the same problems with management. Firstly, the tenant's association should audit the maintenance income and expenditure account to ensure the funds are not being mis-used. Simply taking over the management might not be the answer if the problem is insufficient funds, but who knows, I'm not there but just saying there are many other reasons.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

There lies the crux of the problem It has been near impossible to get them to show the accounting reports to see what is "really" going on there. I know for a fact there are at least 2 maybe more legal actions filed against the developer.

I have a condo here, and im happy. Now new people take over , and is working well, with security both entrances.

More i like, is that no noise around, and you could sleep very good, also you are in near Central Pattaya, Carrefourd and sunkunvit. I winter night without aircon you could listen the crickets if you sleep with open window.

Just a quick update on Spanish Place Condo Pattaya. The owners of condos voted out the old management company and voted in a new juristic person back in Jan-Feb of this year. The homeowners took over managing the condo and on the day of the vote hired in a new management company to handle the workload and to try to get the place back in shape. First order of business was to get the estate security functional again and start cleaning up the buildings and grounds. Now a few months later things are looking better but clearly the place needs a lot of work but it all takes time and money. A committee meeting was just held yesterday to iron out some of the shortfalls in how things are currently being run. Time will be needed to get things running on an even keel as it took 3 years to go down so now the place must be brought back up again.

I would like to thank Pattaya City Hall and the assistant mayor and staff for helping the condo through this process. Also the Chonburi Land office in Chonburi who also advised us on the process involved. We would most likely still be fighting the old management company if not for city hall.

I owned a condo there and was glad to have sold it off after all the shenanigans with the original management development, they defaulted on the cable bill so no one could get sophon cable , the pools were either often closed or poorly maintained , huge pot holes in the road - yet they were still increasing the monthly maintenance fees and were obviously going directly into someone's pocket.

Seems another company bought the last few unrenovated buildings and are slowly trying to pass those off.

Good points are the good location and relatively quite and if you had a double unit , it makes for a decent little condo.

Edited by JimmyTheMook

• 1 year later...

Was up there today..top pool is looking really rough, gardens :lol: forget it...generally poorly kept...although in the Juristic office they had about 5 staff eating somtam....hallways are a mess but location is good and priced well...I think far better than Nirun...not sure whatever happened about the water problem either.