Who Flies Direct From Usa To Thailand?

mp413

Thanks Teacup, do you know which city NWA or Korean fly from in the U.S.? I did a search on NWA's website from LAX or SFO but both had a stop. NWA would be ideal for me as a) I earn miles with them and :o they have the least restrictive pet policy and I'll be flying with 2 cats.

mp413

Thanks Teacup, do you know which city NWA or Korean fly from in the U.S.? I did a search on NWA's website from LAX or SFO but both had a stop. NWA would be ideal for me as a) I earn miles with them and :o they have the least restrictive pet policy and I'll be flying with 2 cats.

mp413

Seattle, San Francisco, LAX

don't know about the pet policy - I don't have any pet

Choose your connection flight (from Korea) carefully.....otherwise you will end up w/ a loooooong transit time....yawn yawn!!

Go to expedia or yahoo travel to see all the flights schedules and details for your specific date of travel

Are there any airlines besides Thai Airways that fly direct from USA (anywhere) to Thailand? Thanks!

mp413

Do you mean direct or non-stop? Airlines can legally describe a flight as direct even if it makes a scheduled stop along the way (think it has to have the same flight number the whole way).

Non-stop is literally from point a to point b with no scheduled stop.

I think TG is the only airline that operates non-stop to/from USA and thats why DL and NW websites are showing stops along the way.

Good luck :o

Thank you bkkrox, yes indeed I did mean non-stop flights. I think even if it's a direct flight on one airline and there's just a stop, I would still have to deal w/ that country's pet regulations.

So - nonstop airlines from U.S. to Thailand? TG is Thai Airways I assume?

thanks,

mp413

Thank you bkkrox, yes indeed I did mean non-stop flights. I think even if it's a direct flight on one airline and there's just a stop, I would still have to deal w/ that country's pet regulations.

thanks,

mp413

Yep, Thai TG 794/795 currently fly this route (5 days/week I believe). This may be discontinued at the end of March though.

thanks,

mp413

Yep, Thai TG 794/795 currently fly this route (5 days/week I believe). This may be discontinued at the end of March though.

Correct - and Thai Air's non-stops were discontinued for a period of time late last year (08) and then reinstated. Therefore, due to the uncertainty, I am looking for another airline upon which to start accumulating miles. Any recommendations?

quoted from 'mp423'........"do you know which city NWA or Korean fly from in the U.S.?

................................................................................

Since I move to Tampa, Florida a few years back, I have been flying with the Korean Air to BKK, quite happy with their inflight service. :D

Delta would flying me out of Tampa to Atlanta airport to catch Korean Air, about 2 hrs layover, then boarding Korean Air to Incheon airport, Seoul, have about 3 hrs hanging around in the food shops or gift shops, then off to BKK, arrives half hour before midnight.

Sidenote: The girls working in the Korean Air's office in Silom are the best, :o friendly and easy to deal with, whatever I asked I always got it, so I have been a repeated customer many times over.

I'd like add this, a Thai friend of mine just got a ticket to BKK, flying from Dallas -Ft. Worth, Texas by American Airlines to Norita, Japan. Then catch United to BKK, arrives around six in the evening.

Many routes to consider, it depends on where you live what part of the country.

Hope this help.

Eek - I really used the wrong post title. I meant who flies NON-STOP from U.S. to Thailand. I am really trying to avoid layovers because flying with two cats.

It appears Thai is the only airline to do this, but if anyone knows otherwise please let me know!

thanks,

mp413

TH TG nonstop is ouut of LAX. Anywhere else and you have to connect to make that night flight.

If you are east coast, have you considered KLM? It might be a stop over, but KLM has one of the best reps for animal transport. More importantly, a little stop over might do the cats some good. They would be kenneled , watered and exercised if the layover is long enough at AMS/ Have a look at the KLM website before you book anything.

Thanks for that. The stopover issue is less about the airline and more about the stopover country's pet import requirements. Apparently even if your pet is only transiting many countries have all kinds of customs requirements. I am already overwhelmed dealing with Thailand's import rules, I am too worried about trying to deal with another country's!

The cats would be on the plane with me, so I'm not worried about the stopover except to the degree that it exposes us to a risk of yet another opportunity to face problems with customs authorities. It appears Thai is the only airline that goes nonstop from US, so if we can't get on one of their flights I guess stopover might be unavoidable :o

thanks!

mp413

Thanks for that. The stopover issue is less about the airline and more about the stopover country's pet import requirements. Apparently even if your pet is only transiting many countries have all kinds of customs requirements. I am already overwhelmed dealing with Thailand's import rules, I am too worried about trying to deal with another country's!

The cats would be on the plane with me, so I'm not worried about the stopover except to the degree that it exposes us to a risk of yet another opportunity to face problems with customs authorities. It appears Thai is the only airline that goes nonstop from US, so if we can't get on one of their flights I guess stopover might be unavoidable :o

thanks!

mp413

I recommend you contact the airline and check on pet restrictions. Some, such as Delta, restrict the number and size of pets carried onboard. NWA has a pet service but the pet must be checked with your baggage. My last trip to Korea was over a year ago, but they require a health certificate for our dog before we boarded Korean Air. Good luck with your trip.

Thai Airways are not stopping the non-stop anymore. its been extended once more for the rest of this year.

That's good to know. Thanks. But having another airline upon which to rely would not hurt. What other airlines have a good reputation that fly from the US to Thailand, and also provide flights between different cities within Thailand?

Thai Airways are not stopping the non-stop anymore. its been extended once more for the rest of this year.

That's good to know. Thanks. But having another airline upon which to rely would not hurt. What other airlines have a good reputation that fly from the US to Thailand, and also provide flights between different cities within Thailand?

there is no domestic carrier in thailand flying to the USA other than Thai Airways. You could try flying with another Star Alliance carrier to Thailand then connecting with Thai Airways for domestic flights if you want to keep your frequent flyer miles all together. You could try All Nippon (ANA), Singapore Airlines, Air China, or United. With the first 2 being preferable.

there is no domestic carrier in thailand flying to the USA other than Thai Airways. You could try flying with another Star Alliance carrier to Thailand then connecting with Thai Airways for domestic flights if you want to keep your frequent flyer miles all together. You could try All Nippon (ANA), Singapore Airlines, Air China, or United. With the first 2 being preferable.

Good idea. Thanks

I like EVA. short stops in taiwan. don't know about pets policy. but you can fly from newark and most west coast cities.

Yes EVA is OK - flew return to LA last year - with a stop in Taipae - only problem is that they are slow with the trolley goodies in the cheapo seats - went 12 hours on return trip without a trolley, although you can ask for things directly to the hostesses. You can also choose a seat and check-in online and they do airmiles.

thanks,

mp413

Hi mp413,

Last May (2008) my wife and I flew on NWA from Bangkok to South Bend, Indiana

with a small dog which we took as a carry on. We were very concerned

about Japan's pet regulations in particular (because they sounded strict)

and one of our stops included Narita. I was able to contact the people at Narita

([email protected]) via email. They were very helpful and they told me that either way,

the pet would be checked on through and they would not have any

quarantine to go through. You can write them and double check. The only thing we

did have to make sure was that all the pet's shots were up to date. There was one

shot that had to be at least 30 days before they could fly and you had to have a

paper filled out by a Vet but it might have been their shot records. Our trip

started in Bkk, to Japan (Narita), Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport in

Michigan and then to South Bend, Indiana. The flight was 24 hours and went fine

with no problems with the pet at all. Here is the website for NWA and pets

http://www.nwa.com/travel/animals/carryonpets.html You can get the

telephone number off of this page as well. Looks like the cost is $150.00

Good Luck

Edited by wellicu812

TH TG nonstop is ouut of LAX. Anywhere else and you have to connect to make that night flight.

If you are east coast, have you considered KLM? It might be a stop over, but KLM has one of the best reps for animal transport. More importantly, a little stop over might do the cats some good. They would be kenneled , watered and exercised if the layover is long enough at AMS/ Have a look at the KLM website before you book anything.

I agree with Geriatric Kid, KLM has one of the best reputations for pet transport. If they are checked as cargo, KLM will provide all of the services mentioned above during the layover.

http://' target="_blank">Pet's Hotel in AmsterdamCats and dogs travelling on a KLM or partner flight via ams and having a transfer time of 2 hours or more will be transferred to KLM animal hotel to receive the proper care. However, transfer to animal hotel can only take place when copies of health certificates are attached to the animal carrier.

At the animal hotel dogs will be walked, sky kennels will be cleaned and provided with new absorption material and pets will get water and if required food. During an overnight stay a pet will be put in cage with more room to move around.

I confirm that KLM has the best reputation for sending Pets as Cargo.

http://' target="_blank">Pet's Hotel in AmsterdamCats and dogs travelling on a KLM or partner flight via ams and having a transfer time of 2 hours or more will be transferred to KLM animal hotel to receive the proper care. However, transfer to animal hotel can only take place when copies of health certificates are attached to the animal carrier.

At the animal hotel dogs will be walked, sky kennels will be cleaned and provided with new absorption material and pets will get water and if required food. During an overnight stay a pet will be put in cage with more room to move around.