Us Dollar Chq In Thailand

Don't know about a US bank, however, I banked an Australian bank, Australian Dollar cheque with Bkk Bank, it took 27 days to clear, even though it was drawn on the Aussie account 4 days after depositing.

I think the cost was 600B, however, can't be sure of this.

wow.. 27 days !!! .... was this a personal chq or a chq drawn from a company?

Doesn't matter, really. According to what I was told by Kasikorn Bank and the BOT, all vanks in Thailand use BOT as their clearing-house bank for foreign checks. And BOT only sends checks out of the country twice a month. Once the check clears the drawer's bank in the States and comes back to Thailand, it takes the same 15 days for BOT to send it to your bank in Thailand. In my case, it took just over 6 weeks - 20 days after my bank in the US cleared it.

Reckon the easiest way, if you still have an account in the US, is to fast email the check there and deposit it, then wire transfer it to your account here. Good luck!

well i have just been to the bank.... and they would no tpay in the Chq, they informed me they could not do and i had to go to the main branch in the city..

well i have to take a day off work now .

Sorry, forgot to add that you usually have to go to head office branch (with Bkk Bank anyway). :o

well i have just been to the bank.... and they would no tpay in the Chq, they informed me they could not do and i had to go to the main branch in the city..

well i have to take a day off work now .

Sorry, forgot to add that you usually have to go to head office branch (with Bkk Bank anyway). :o

why they could not process the chq in the branch and then they send to the main branch.... never known anything like it

But they did look at me in a very strange way when i presented the chq to them