Family Payment

freemane99

what's this i hear about having to pay family 300,000bt to marry daughter.

any truth to this?, or just a scam? thks

In some cases, I have heard of such a sum being requested, as for having to pay this, that would be your decision ( I assume we are talking about you?).

Choosing this topic for your first post is going to result in you being called a troll. Perhaps you are?

In some cases, I have heard of such a sum being requested, as for having to pay this, that would be your decision ( I assume we are talking about you?).

Choosing this topic for your first post is going to result in you being called a troll. Perhaps you are?

don't know what troll is. lol just asking. thks

Also whats the addiction on here were everyone has to post a childish response such as TROLL.

why not just not bother posting at all?????????

Talking of childish reponse!!!!!!!

Not one of your posts or answers has ever been nice,or constructive.

Also whats the addiction on here were everyone has to post a childish response such as TROLL.

Thanks for taking such a interest in me :o

If she is a BG then chances are you gonna get scammed mate.

Its a tradition yes but 300,000 baht maybe if your marrying into a very rich family.

ps no one on TV has ever paid sinsod!

ThaiVisa members claim in general to marry into Hi So Thai Chinese rich and powerful families, yet also in general, they claim never to have paid sin sot.

My advice to the OP is, get yourself a ThaiVisa T- Shirt, parade yourself outside Chula University and you'll have so many rich girls chasing you, you'll have to beat them off with a stick. :o

Unlike my posts that are very nice and constructive... :o

BygoonKeaw, you should hang your head in shame............ :D

Before someone sayss" we have addressed this subject a thousand times before over the years..... ( True )

Think about it, of course we are gonna get the same old threads recycled ad nauseum, cos there are only so many topics we can choose from they are bound to be repetative, thats why the Farang Nightlife and Entertainment forum is reduced to word games, nothing to do with nightlife at all, cos there are now so many restrictions , we cannot discuss nightlife.

If you are gonna tell the guy to use the forum search facility, then if everybody done that there would be no new topics, cos they have all been covered a thousand times before!

Give this guy a break !

There are never any new topics here, they have all been done before, but that's the nature of a Forum that is specific to a certain subject, I was thinking about dragging up some old topics from the archives, when this site wasn't so heavily moderated, good stuff with good posters, most of whom are now in the Land of the Banned.

The old Days when Dr Patpong was a lone warrior against the great Troll invasions of 2003 - 2004.... :o

Edited by Maigo6

If she is a BG then chances are you gonna get scammed mate.

Its a tradition yes but 300,000 baht maybe if your marrying into a very rich family.

ps no one on TV has ever paid sinsod!

ThaiVisa members claim in general to marry into Hi So Thai Chinese rich and powerful families, yet also in general, they claim never to have paid sin sot.

My advice to the OP is, get yourself a ThaiVisa T- Shirt, parade yourself outside Chula University and you'll have so many rich girls chasing you, you'll have to beat them off with a stick. :o

CLAIM

Yes its true and my feeling there is nothing wrong with this.. I paid 300,000 to my wife family only because learning and understanding my wife custom and understanding her sisters husbands(non farang) paid about the same amount.. Its really not about the $$ its about sincerity of the marriage.. My wife loves me only because her family is everything to her and now her family is very proud of her because we did everything right.. I now give the family 7k a month and also have no problem with this..

Simple fact is know who you are marrying.. Know her family, see how they live.. Know her friends, and spend time getting to know your future wife.. Feel good about getting married

Oh, No marrying my wife unless the gift gift was a factor!

Edited by craigrs

300,000?!

Somebody thinks you are stupid and is taking you for a ride.

Typical, I may add.

Exactly, they will usually ask for as much as they think they can get away with. I hear one million bht thrown around, as starting price, by many of the Issan lovelys I have encountered.

I've never heard of the figure 300,000bt being set in stone.

The family ask what they think they can get, and you pay what you think you can get away with! :D

:D:D:o:D

The Thai TRADITION of sin sot , in many parts of the civilized world , when one human sells another human to another human , it is called HUMAN TRAFFIKING .

This is a ridiculous comment.

I gave sinsot of B100,000 when I married which kept everyone happy. I has enabled me to have a very good relationship with my wifes family and I have even promised to let her out of the kitchen next year. :o

The Thai TRADITION of sin sot , in many parts of the civilized world , when one human sells another human to another human , it is called HUMAN TRAFFIKING .

This is a ridiculous comment.

I gave sinsot of B100,000 when I married which kept everyone happy. I has enabled me to have a very good relationship with my wifes family and I have even promised to let her out of the kitchen next year. :D

So you are running a HAREM now , how do you decide which day is whos turn and is this posted to cause no confusion ? :D:o

Please tell me how Thailand gets away from this fact .

In the old day's its was very common amongst the better classes in Europe.

Please tell me how Thailand gets away from this fact .

In the old day's its was very common amongst the better classes in Europe.

It was also an attraction at fairs where one could throw eggs at a dwarf for a few pence , no longer allowed in todays world , what has ancient history to do with todays demand for sin sot ? :o