Thai Girl In Aussie Try Get To New Zealand For Holiday

I am a thai citizen who is staying in Australia on a 1 year multi entry Visa. I need to leave Aussie and re enter every 3 months. I am trying to do this in the most affordable way. So I guess it is a trip to Zealand then back.

Does anyone know if this is the best way to do this & the visa requirements to go to New Zealand for a couple of days then come back... Do you think I would have any issues on re entry to Australia.

I cannot think of a cheaper way to exit Aussie then re enter....it not like thailand where foreigners can simply take a bus to the border. :o Warm Regards Monica

I am a thai citizen who is staying in Australia on a 1 year multi entry Visa. I need to leave Aussie and re enter every 3 months. I am trying to do this in the most affordable way. So I guess it is a trip to Zealand then back.

Does anyone know if this is the best way to do this & the visa requirements to go to New Zealand for a couple of days then come back... Do you think I would have any issues on re entry to Australia.

I cannot think of a cheaper way to exit Aussie then re enter....it not like thailand where foreigners can simply take a bus to the border. :o Warm Regards Monica

Have a look at www.immigration.govt.nz I think you will find it's pretty difficult for Thais to get a visa to NZ sorry. Very similar to the Australian requirements even if you are just going for a couple of days.

Have a look at www.immigration.govt.nz I think you will find it's pretty difficult for Thais to get a visa to NZ sorry. Very similar to the Australian requirements even if you are just going for a couple of days.

i disagree that it is difficult for thais to get a visa to NZL..it is only difficult for some thais.

Monica, what are your personal circumstances ?

why cant you extend your permit of stay in australia rather than doing border crossing runs ?

as an alternative to NZL, have your considered Indonesia(Bali) which has a visa waiver agreement for thai passport holders.

You don't say where in Australia you are staying. If, for instance it is Perth, then it is relatively cheap to go to Indonesia. From Sydney, NZ might be the best route.

Thais can enter Indonesia without a visa, where-as NZ might be a lot trickier.

Indonesia:

VISA – FREE SHORT VISIT FOR TOURISTS

The following countries do not require a visa to enter Indonesia for a Tourist visit of up to 30 (thirty) days:

Brunei Darussalam

Chile

Hong Kong SAR

Macao SAR

Malaysia

Morocco

Peru

Philippines

Singapore

Thailand

Vietnam

Be aware that your travel movements into Australia could be scrutinised at an arrival airport on any entry, and if you are deemed to not be a genuine tourist, the visa could be cancelled and entry refused.

One repeat entry on a multiple visa should be ok, but if you continue to use it many times to gain a stay of a year+, Immigration may consider you are really a defacto resident.

Presumably an extension is out of the question because of a 6503 condition?

Hi there,

I had a similar situation when my wife was originally in OZ several years ago.

She was here on a 12 month tourist Visa and had to leave the country every 90 days.

We applied for a NZ Tourist Visa for her, and they were very reluctant to grant it, as they felt that we were only applying to use the NZ trip as her 90 day turnaround.

This was partly true.

Her visa was issued by NZ reluctantly, with the condition that she would not get another NZ Tourist visa while in OZ on her OZ Tourist Visa.

They are aware that NZ is used for a Visa Run, and do not seem to make it easy.

Depending on where you are, try Tiger Air or Jetstar for a quick trip to KL or Singapore or Bali.

Good Luck.

I cannot think of a cheaper way to exit Aussie then re enter....it not like thailand where foreigners can simply take a bus to the border. :D Warm Regards Monica

Who is this for Jay...?

Not many Thai girls named Monica :o

If you are travelling as a couple to NZ then it would probably be better than a Thai girl travelling alone. NZ does have a problem with illegal sex workers from Asia so they are automatically suss.

I would think that Bali would be the better option, no visa required....stamp in and stamp out....the visa holder of the 12 month ME can leave and enter Oz as much as they want as long as they arrive before the visa expiry date and stay for periods of no more than 3 months.

I cannot think of a cheaper way to exit Aussie then re enter....it not like thailand where foreigners can simply take a bus to the border. :D Warm Regards Monica

Who is this for Jay...?

If you are travelling as a couple to NZ then it would probably be better than a Thai girl travelling alone. NZ does have a problem with illegal sex workers from Asia so they are automatically suss.

I would think that Bali would be the better option, no visa required....stamp in and stamp out....the visa holder of the 12 month ME can leave and enter Oz as much as they want as long as they arrive before the visa expiry date and stay for periods of no more than 3 months.

also, given all the crap Fiji has been going through, you may be able to get some cheap flights Aus-Fiji return at present...thai passport holders dont need a visa for Fiji.

Go to Bali,don't make yourself a target for Australian immigration....They are no fools,and if they get even a hint that you are doing this....Your on the next flight home!Behave as a tourist would,and you have a nice stay in Australia! :o

Who is this for Jay...?

Really? I didn't know this.

But agreed - Bali would be the easier option.