Bulk Buy Time! Xena Disc Lock Alarm - Xn15

Zzinged

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JK,

Like most alarms, they are only good if somebody responds to them. Having said that the Xena is a good sturdy disc lock, which may attract attention to the theif at your ride.

If the difference between the Xena and a good lock is only 600 or 700 baht....I know what I would go for.

Hey All!

Trent wants you all to know he's having a good time in the Land of Oz, but he's missing Thailand big time and can't wait to return and pick up his new FZ6.

In the meantime, despite the lack of a bike, he's still trying to get his knee down! :D:D:o:D:D

KneeDownAuto.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Any idea when the alarms arrive?

Trent will be back from the Land of Oz next week, assuming he survived the fires... Oooh, that's not even funny... :o

We'll see how many locks he was able to stuff in his luggage. I think SSRs get first dibs! :D

Did you get that info from him directly? I haven't heard back from him yet, so I don't know if the buy went through or not. I suppose I should PM people now anyway to get their money ready.

hey all,

i didnt actually know there was a thread about the alarms until now

i havent been too active since around 1 week before my trip to Oz until now

the alarms are all been purchased, havent picked them up yet but they are all purchased and paid for!

will be returning to Thailand 18th Feb but if all goes well will go touring 21st and 22nd with my new bike (anyone interested?)

dont know where i am going but i just know i need to do 1000km to get the engine completely run in

anyway alarms are on their way!

Trent

Just checked the fitment guide.. All the ones I like the look of fit so no worries..

Really not sure how much the more advanced ones are worth it, the XD10 (I like the black ones) seems to have almost all the same features (less shiny, less hard to cut off but its going to be making a bloody siren, its about being a visible alarm not the locking IMO) hel_l the XZZ6 looks like its feature set is enough on the alarm front. In fact as a visible deterrent the orange or yellow ones (half the price) are less classy but probably more effective at being seen.

Not being a cheapskate, will read em a bit more.. But leaning to the XD10 personally.. or even the XZZ6 in black..

Assume I have to pay someone ?? Who, how, when ??

Hey LivinLOS,

I recall you said you'd prefer a XZZ6 for less dough, and wouldn't you know it, I just found them at Red Baron:

081129-0000344.jpg

Price only 1,480฿

Want me to get one for you and mail it down?

Happy Trails,

Tony

hey all,

i didnt actually know there was a thread about the alarms until now

i havent been too active since around 1 week before my trip to Oz until now

the alarms are all been purchased, havent picked them up yet but they are all purchased and paid for!

will be returning to Thailand 18th Feb but if all goes well will go touring 21st and 22nd with my new bike (anyone interested?)

dont know where i am going but i just know i need to do 1000km to get the engine completely run in

anyway alarms are on their way!

Trent

Dude!

Bet you can't wait to get back to Thailand and pick up your brand new FZ6!

Why not ride to the Khon Kaen Bike Week with me on Friday? There and back, plus an organized ride on Saturday will put you right at 1000km. Much better to run in the engine on open highway roads where you can vary RPMs and do plenty of engine braking than in stop and go Bangkok traffic.

See you soon!

Tony

Just checked the fitment guide.. All the ones I like the look of fit so no worries..

Really not sure how much the more advanced ones are worth it, the XD10 (I like the black ones) seems to have almost all the same features (less shiny, less hard to cut off but its going to be making a bloody siren, its about being a visible alarm not the locking IMO) hel_l the XZZ6 looks like its feature set is enough on the alarm front. In fact as a visible deterrent the orange or yellow ones (half the price) are less classy but probably more effective at being seen.

Not being a cheapskate, will read em a bit more.. But leaning to the XD10 personally.. or even the XZZ6 in black..

Assume I have to pay someone ?? Who, how, when ??

Hey LivinLOS,

I recall you said you'd prefer a XZZ6 for less dough, and wouldn't you know it, I just found them at Red Baron:

081129-0000344.jpg

Price only 1,480฿

Happy Trails,

Tony

No mate.. I booked on for the XD10 and wouldnt change and put anyone out of pocket..

Good to know for others tho.

Really not sure how much the more advanced ones are worth it
I do find it strange that owners of bikes worth hundreds of thousands of Baht are worried about a measly few hundred Baht difference. :o

Well, we can't all afford Ducatis :D

I think LivinLOS got his new used bike for a steal.

Up to him how much he wants to invest in protecting it...

Happy Trails!

Tony

Really not sure how much the more advanced ones are worth it
I do find it strange that owners of bikes worth hundreds of thousands of Baht are worried about a measly few hundred Baht difference.  :o

My point was tho it offered no additional alarm features..

Seemed it was just 'more shiny' and as I didnt like shiny anyway I dont see the value..

Well, we can't all afford Ducatis :D
Sigh! That's not what I really meant now, is it?  :o
Up to him how much he wants to invest in protecting it...
Of course it is. As it is that he's more than capable of replying himself (see above).

Argumentative mood this morning?  :D

BTW, there's a pm in your inbox that's meant for zzinged. My bad!

Anyway, zzinged. Check your pm's.

Edited by RusticCharm

Hey LivinLOS,

Price only 1,480฿

Happy Trails,

Tony

Yea... I'd really rather not have to pay for a third lock because I already had to pick up Dimitry's.

Seemed it was just 'more shiny'
You forgot the 'completely different size and weight' part.  :o

Don't worry, I'm just having a laugh!

Yeah I got the lightweight one, the 'sport' edition.. Wouldnt want to slow me down any :D !!

And dont worry, I am used to taking much worse stick than that..

BTW forgot to point out.. 100's of k !!! You really dont me.. My bikes often dont make 10's of k !! I get a perverse pleasure out of getting major bang for buck. Also in Thailand my expereinces have been that owning the nicer items, the shinyer stuff, etc causes me more friction that joy.. Just hoping the blade ends up being a reliable rat bike :D