Visitor Visa Then Eea Family Visa

Hi,

here is an interesting proposal...

My wifes sister (thai national) is currently in a relationship with a Polish man who is resident in the UK. She is resident in Thailand. She comes here on a visitor visa (she has been before so should get this visa). While she is here she applies for a schengen visa and travels to Poland and marries him. She then applies for a visa under the EEA family visa scheme to stay here, in the UK.

Would that work ?

Just an idea.

SAM

Hi,

here is an interesting proposal...

My wifes sister (thai national) is currently in a relationship with a Polish man who is resident in the UK. She is resident in Thailand. She comes here on a visitor visa (she has been before so should get this visa). While she is here she applies for a schengen visa and travels to Poland and marries him. She then applies for a visa under the EEA family visa scheme to stay here, in the UK.

Would that work ?

Just an idea.

SAM

Just because she has been b4 doe's not mean she will be allowed another visa, I remember a few years back a woman from Cambodia, I think. Her sister had been to England b4 but she wanted her to come back for her 50th birthday, the lady in England had a good job meeting VIP'S from airctraft at Heathrow also vouched for her sister showed them return flight' ticket ,but would they let her come ( No )

Schengen visas usually have to be obtained in one's country of residence, so she would have to apply for that in Thailand, not in the UK if she is here as a visitor.

Whether Polish law would allow a visitor to marry, I don't know.

EEA family permits have to be applied for in the applicant's country of residence. She lives in Thailand, so would need to apply there.

The simplest way would be for him to marry her in Thailand and then apply for the EEA family permit there.