Change From Ed-visa To Tourist Visa.

Currently I have a "ED-visa". That visa will soon expire. I will go back home in march, so i need a tourist visa to cover my two months. I search the forum but I can only find topics regarding "tourist visa to ED".

How do I change from a ED to a tourist visa? What is the process and what is the requirement? Is it just a simple trip to Vientiane consulate, or do I have to do something else as well?

I´m a Swedish male. 30 years old.

Edited by Hawkup2000

Currently I have a "ED-visa". That visa will soon expire. I will go back home in march, so i need a tourist visa to cover my two months. I search the forum but I can only find topics regarding "tourist visa to ED".

How do I change from a ED to a tourist visa? What is the process and what is the requirement? Is it just a simple trip to Vientiane consulate, or do I have to do something else as well?

I´m a Swedish male. 30 years old.

Yes a trip to a Thai Consulate. A single entry Tourist Visa will give 60 days and can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days if you want.

Visa is 1,000 Baht. Extension is 1,900 Baht

Ok, but do I need to get to Sluan Plu and fill in a form about changing visa?

When I go to a Thai consulate do I need some papers form the school I´ve attended or do I only need the standard things (passport and copy of it, photos, my ticket)?

Edited by Hawkup2000