Visiting Factories For Fun - Is It Possible?

somtampala

Hi there,

I'm interested in visiting factories in Thailand to see how things are being manufactured - everything from clothing factories to silk factories and other stuff.

Is it possible? How can I go about finding these? Anyone did this before and has recommendations?

Thanks!

Ben

Hi there,

I'm interested in visiting factories in Thailand to see how things are being manufactured - everything from clothing factories to silk factories and other stuff.

Is it possible? How can I go about finding these? Anyone did this before and has recommendations?

Thanks!

Ben

Do you mean the sweatshop of Samut Prakan where 100% of the labour don't speak Thai, and 50% underage?

Are you a member of a chamber of commerce? If not, look at joining.

Manufacturers often invite fellow chamber members for an interesting open day at their plants. I have been to several and always enjoy the trips.

I can confirm the above...I also always enjoyed such trips. Good excuse for not being in the office!

Other possibility: Join the freight forwarding industry, most customers are proud of their production and happy to show you around!

Are you a member of a chamber of commerce? If not, look at joining.

Manufacturers often invite fellow chamber members for an interesting open day at their plants. I have been to several and always enjoy the trips.

I can confirm the above...I also always enjoyed such trips. Good excuse for not being in the office!

Other possibility: Join the freight forwarding industry, most customers are proud of their production and happy to show you around!

Or, the OP might want to join a tour into Toyota, Nissan, Isuzu...even GM or Ford factories.

And tell people back home about his travel into the future ....right from Thailand.