• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

2. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

3. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

4. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

5. 563

White Culture

6. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

7. 86

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

8. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

9. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

10. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

11. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

12. 125

Trump chickens out again.

13. 68

14. 68

Cm Temp. Vs. Samui Temp.?

lukeskywalker

I'm contemplating a move from Koh Samui to CM. Honestly, the biggest factor for me is the weather. Right now on Samui, it is perfect. However, for 10 months of the year it is just too dam_n hot. Well, maybe not hot in terms of temp, but it terms of humidity. I can handle 35 degree temp if the humidity is low (a la California weather). For most of the year here, it takes a lot of effort just to get out the door. I take 4 or 5 showers a day and change clothes just as many times. I've had it!

Will things be different in CM?

Thanks in advance for opinions.

LS

Like Ulysses G. said, Chaing mai is nice only for 3 months the rest is like Samui, WITH OUT the Beach and the real fresh food of the sea.

But I think you should try coming over in June July somewhere like that.  You might like it.

I'm contemplating a move from Koh Samui to CM. Honestly, the biggest factor for me is the weather. Right now on Samui, it is perfect. However, for 10 months of the year it is just too dam_n hot. Well, maybe not hot in terms of temp, but it terms of humidity. I can handle 35 degree temp if the humidity is low (a la California weather). For most of the year here, it takes a lot of effort just to get out the door. I take 4 or 5 showers a day and change clothes just as many times. I've had it!

LS

LS

Or maybe you will like Loei. A lot smaller than CM but nice climate.

Welcome to Thailand.... :-)

Having spent 2 and 1/2 years in Phuket... I like CM. Sure the beach is nice... but using Air Conditioning 24/7... and the salt air causing everything you own to rust... gets old. If you like a little more laid back community and the ability to escape the heat in the mountains... CM is the place to be.

Really depends on how much you love the beach or not :-) There are PROS's and CON's to every place... sometimes you just need to pick a spot... dig your heals in and make it work for you.