Bus Schedule Korat - Nong Khai

ArnoJaco

Hi there,

Can someone tell me what time there is a bus from Korat to Nong Khai this Saturday 24th and/or Sunday 25th January 2009?

Any ideas how long the bus ride takes, approximately (or exactly :o )

Does the friendship bridge close at any time in the evening? Or is possible to make my way to Vientiane at any time? Even on weekends?

Thank you.

Hi there,

Can someone tell me what time there is a bus from Korat to Nong Khai this Saturday 24th and/or Sunday 25th January 2009?

Any ideas how long the bus ride takes, approximately (or exactly :D )

Does the friendship bridge close at any time in the evening? Or is possible to make my way to Vientiane at any time? Even on weekends?

Thank you.

Express bus ride Korat to Nong Khai about 6 and half hours, price Bt380. :D:o:D

Edited by BigSnake

you can catch a bus from Pattaya thats goes non-stop to udon Thani for about 540 baht- the bus leaves from the gas station on Sukhumvit and Pattaya Klang - they run a couple of busses in the evening but best to stop there before you have to leave and buy a ticket for the one that fits - many busses from Udon Thani to the Friendship bridge for around 100 baht- if you catch the overnight into Udon Thani you should be able to cross the bridge into Laos early to mid morning - best to use US $ for the lao Visa - either $30 or $35 depending on your nationality

if you are going for a visa run and need a driver PM me and i will give you a name that we used a couple of weeks ago

sorry just noticed you are already in Issan - had been reading the Pattaya Forum

Edited by jm49er1

Funny how this works: a bus from Vientiane to Udon stops at the border and waits for passengers to clear customs and immigration of both countries. Entire trip/process took 2 hrs in November and 80 baht for bus fare. But going the other way, I believe you have to have a visa already to show the bus company before you can leave from Udon. :o

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Hi there,

Any ideas how long the bus ride takes, approximately (or exactly :o )

Thank you.

Immigration closes at 10 PM on Lao side if bridge.

It is open 7 days a week. You pay a small overtime fee for the Lao visa after 4 PM and weekends.

• 1 month later...
hi if you take the direct bus from udon to vientiane you HAVE to have a laos visa already they don't wait for visa on arrival

I'm not sure about Udon to Vientiane but you don't actually have to have a Laos visa

to get on the Nong Khai to Vientiane bus... just don't expect it to be waiting for you

after you get your visa on arrival. It will be long gone and you will have to arrange

transport from the Bridge Immigration Office to Vientiane by yourself.

However, lots of people there hoping to take you via taxi, minibus, or tuktuk. There is

even a Lao bus from the bridge to the bus station in Vientiane that is very inexpensive.