Repair Costs For Big Japanese Cars

It's "common knowledge" that parts for used cars from Toyota followed by Honda are cheaper than from other brands.

However, does this low-priced phenomenon also apply to BIGGER cars? Or, does it only apply to the usual smaller corolla, sunny, civic?

Which would have the cheapest/more expensive car parts?

Camry, Corona, Accord, or Cefiro.

(I'm planning to buy used, around 94 to 98)

:o

I am advised that the price of spares for cars depends on where they were made Thai made being cheaper e.g I was advised that Cefeiros were not made in Thailand but Honda Accords were so the cost of maintaining a 1994 Accord would be a lot less than a Cefeiro even though a similar sized car. Another example is the Toyota Crown not made in Thailand but Japan so the cost of maintaining a 1994 Crown is high (if it goes wrong).

And I have always been told that Honda parts worldwide are more expensive than average not cheap as you suggest.

Edited by spacebass

I am advised that the price of spares for cars depends on where they were made Thai made being cheaper e.g I was advised that Cefeiros were not made in Thailand but Honda Accords were so the cost of maintaining a 1994 Accord would be a lot less than a Cefeiro even though a similar sized car. Another example is the Toyota Crown not made in Thailand but Japan so the cost of maintaining a 1994 Crown is high (if it goes wrong).

And I have always been told that Honda parts worldwide are more expensive than average not cheap as you suggest.

Don't worry about crown. Plenty of used parts available in Bangkok, like Bang Na and Worachack. Cowns was Taxis and Limousine Services in Thailand, therefore parts not expensive. Lateron the Limo Services changed to Volvo 9 series. Parts not expensive too. Both cars (Volvo 940 or Crowns) are very reliable cars, because they are rear wheel drive, no problem at all and more easy to maintenance than Cefiros or Accords.