Good Garden Soil?

farangcr

I have recently moved into CR and want to buy some good garden soil to make up my garden.

I already have "RED" soil but this stains everything and travels into the house as a stain!

Does anyone know where I can buy a large truck load of good dark soil?

:o P&C

I have recently moved into CR and want to buy some good garden soil to make up my garden.

I already have "RED" soil but this stains everything and travels into the house as a stain!

if the soil is clayey you could also mix in 20% sand 20% manure to existing soil, probably a beter sllution overall. add sprinkling of gypsum each year and work in

if the soil is clayey you could also mix in 20% sand 20% manure to existing soil, probably a beter sllution overall. add sprinkling of gypsum each year and work in

You need 'din dam' It should be available at all garden supply places. Just ask for a truckload

You need 'din dam' It should be available at all garden supply places. Just ask for a truckload

ok a quick fix but u will still need to solve the clay problem. sand gypsum. and u need manure, none in din dam

The red local soil is fertile and seems to grow most things in season. I suspect it would dominate any additives but once your garden beds are established it should be easy to keep where it belongs, which is not in the house.

Most expats here who build houses or rent here tend to go for tiled floors which are easy to mop clean and leaving your gardening shoes outside the house should keep indoor staining to a minimum.

Another great soil amendment for hard packed clay soils is 'klab' [processed rice hulls]. If you have a rice mill near by, you can get a full pick up load for +/- 500THB. Just till it into yor soil after wetting the soil and it will really lighten soil up and allow good drainage and as it breaks down, will add humus.