How To Properly Backflush A Glassfibre Water Filter?

matte

Hi all!

I have invested in a water filter, glass fibre tank, from one of the bigger suppliers. And no, nobody there have got a clue.

The filter has a three-way valve on top and a handle marked "Backwash - Filter - Close".

When I look at the installation manual it is obvious that water goes in on one side of the top and out on the other. There is a third outlet that should be the outlet for the backwashing procedure.

But - and here is the question - with no supply of fresh, clean water to backwash the filter this must be done using uncleaned water re-directed inside the top of the filter to enter from the clean side of the filter media. Can this really be how it is supposed to be done?

Of course I could set up a multitude of valves to play with to pump clean water from my storage tank to use during the backwash, but is this overkill?

I hope that someone out there might have a similar filter system and would care to share some information.

/Matte

post-27496-1232687967_thumb.jpg

Don't have that kind of filter, but I would expect that you hook the third line to the drain. Since dirty water is entering the normally clean side of the filter (with less build-up), it will flush out the build-up on the other side.

When finished, I would expect you would want to run filter water to the drain for several minutes, so that any gunk from your brief backwash can get out of the system.

Don't have that kind of filter, but I would expect that you hook the third line to the drain. Since dirty water is entering the normally clean side of the filter (with less build-up), it will flush out the build-up on the other side.

When finished, I would expect you would want to run filter water to the drain for several minutes, so that any gunk from your brief backwash can get out of the system.

Yeah, I guess that would be the least "valve consuming" set up. I think I'll go for that one.

Thanks!

Any one know anything about a filter company called nspring it has 7 filters my wife bought one for our new house out side of Chiang Rai I have just retuned to canada but haven't been able to find anyting on them . It seems ok water tasts fine and gave me no troble for a month but would like to find the site and more info filter replacment etc. randell

Ask the wife to check for their web address in the paperwork she presumably got with the filter. If there is a website they probably mention it somewhere.

I looked but did'nt find anything either.

Thanks Matte I will try that though reading english notgood but will work along those lines Randell ps sorry I don't have the have of posting on this site yet

Hi all!

I have invested in a water filter, glass fibre tank, from one of the bigger suppliers. And no, nobody there have got a clue.

The filter has a three-way valve on top and a handle marked "Backwash - Filter - Close".

When I look at the installation manual it is obvious that water goes in on one side of the top and out on the other. There is a third outlet that should be the outlet for the backwashing procedure.

But - and here is the question - with no supply of fresh, clean water to backwash the filter this must be done using uncleaned water re-directed inside the top of the filter to enter from the clean side of the filter media. Can this really be how it is supposed to be done?

Of course I could set up a multitude of valves to play with to pump clean water from my storage tank to use during the backwash, but is this overkill?

I hope that someone out there might have a similar filter system and would care to share some information.

/Matte

Sounds similar to the kind of filter they use on swimming pools. The procedure is to put the 'valve' on backwash and it reverses the flow of the water (clean or otherwise) through the filter and scrubs the filter with the water out to the drain. So you will have to connect the 'drain' outlet to a waste pipe or run it onto the flower beds etc. Hope this helps.

Hi all!

/Matte

Sounds similar to the kind of filter they use on swimming pools. The procedure is to put the 'valve' on backwash and it reverses the flow of the water (clean or otherwise) through the filter and scrubs the filter with the water out to the drain. So you will have to connect the 'drain' outlet to a waste pipe or run it onto the flower beds etc. Hope this helps.

Good answer. The plants or lawn can always use the water! Lawn still looks great. thanks again for the help last year!