• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 1

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

2. 64

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

3. 563

Frozen in time: British expats losing out on pensions in Thailand

4. 6

Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

5. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

6. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

7. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

8. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

9. 1

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

10. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

11. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

12. 563

White Culture

13. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

14. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

Locations Of Local Markets

haybilly

Having been told that such and such an item is available at such and such a market I thought it might be worth asking you all where all the local markets around Chiang Mai are located--places like 'Kad Luang', Wororot [ nr Police Station for parking fines :o ] [, Meuang Mai [ nr 'Tessabahn']--both in fact on the edge of the Ping--and then various others [Talad Nong Hoi on Saraphi, Lamphun road] and so on--can all you knowledgeable CM residents give details of any you are familiar with and, maybe, what they are useful for?? That is, if you don't think it's information too valuable to give to newcomers! :D

Meuang Mai doesn't have parking but if you come earily you might be able to find a spot by the Ping River.

Warorot market has a few parking space usually availabile.

You can buy peanut oil here if you like Chinese(I think its the only place where you can buy peanut oil)

This market is also home of the famous northern sticky rice food ร้านดำรงค์

In Thai : ร้านดำรงค์

http://www.igetweb.com/www/warorosmarket/i...&pid=142135

Talad Tanin.

IMO one of the best for everything.

On Chang Puak Rd /Chotana Rd ( name changes ) - opposite Rajabhat University between the moat and Superhighway.

North of Novotel Hotel and on the same side of the road.

Good precinct to stroll around in. Many interesting shops and second hand bookstore.

Cheers.

Talad Tanin.

IMO one of the best for everything.

On Chang Puak Rd /Chotana Rd ( name changes ) - opposite Rajabhat University between the moat and Superhighway.

North of Novotel Hotel and on the same side of the road.

Good precinct to stroll around in. Many interesting shops and second hand bookstore.

Cheers.

I agree. Tanin is the best market. Very organized, large, relatively clean. It's my favorite by far.

Kam Thieng "behind Tesco Lotus" on Superhighway.

Chiang Mai (market) adjacent to Chiang Mai Gate.

Som Phet is on Moon Muang and is generally considered to be the most expensive in town.

Every community (of any size) such as Hang Dong, Sanpatong, Mae Rim, Sankhamphaeng, Mae Taeng, etc., etc., has a market

Having been told that such and such an item is available at such and such a market I thought it might be worth asking you all where all the local markets around Chiang Mai are located--places like 'Kad Luang', Wororot [ nr Police Station for parking fines :o ] [, Meuang Mai [ nr 'Tessabahn']--both in fact on the edge of the Ping--and then various others [Talad Nong Hoi on Saraphi, Lamphun road] and so on--can all you knowledgeable CM residents give details of any you are familiar with and, maybe, what they are useful for?? That is, if you don't think it's information too valuable to give to newcomers! :D

Last night went for the 1st time to : San Pa Koy Market. Very good food market. Lots on offer.

I went to the boxing stadium for the fights (Lanna Muy Thai boxers) then went to eat. In between the Super Hwy and

Nawarat Bridge. It's on the maps on this site.