Emailing Australian Embassy Bangkok

I have emailed the Australian Embassy in Bangkok asking for an appointment to lodge my spouse migration visa application on my next trip to Bangkok(currently in Australia).

Has anybody had any dealings with email contact at the Embassy. How long before they replied.

I have no contact person or case officer yet.

In the past i have used the VFS for tourist visas. Thought i would try the Embassy this time.

All visa applications need to be submitted at the VFS. They are the interface between the visa applicants and the embassy The only time you will be in contact with the embassy is either when they inform your wife/GF of her appointment for the interview or they will inform that the application has been approved. When I was preparing the application for my wife I phoned the embassy a couple of times from Oz and spoke to on of the thai staff there. The advice I received from them was very informative.

Good luck

All visa applications need to be submitted at the VFS. They are the interface between the visa applicants and the embassy The only time you will be in contact with the embassy is either when they inform your wife/GF of her appointment for the interview or they will inform that the application has been approved. When I was preparing the application for my wife I phoned the embassy a couple of times from Oz and spoke to on of the thai staff there. The advice I received from them was very informative.

Good luck

i was under the impression you can use either ????????????? The embassy you need an appointment or you wont get in, VFS is just walk in and lodge.

If you haven't had an email response in a day or two then call them. This seems to be pretty much the rule for Thailand generally.

Last time I emailed them (this year), I never received a response and it was only a simple question for the consular section regarding the statement of income stat dec. They could save themselves some work by putting a bit more Q&A info in their web site.

I travelled to BKK soon after, went in an saw them, and luckily it was sorted in minutes.

Good luck

i was under the impression you can use either ????????????? The embassy you need an appointment or you wont get in, VFS is just walk in and lodge.

About 3 or so years ago the VFS was opened to alleviate the amount of people going into the embassy just for applications of visa. I have never heard of anyone lately applying for a visa without it being lodged at the VFS. The consular section at the embassy is used for passport stuff etc. Going by the amount of people lodging applications at the VFS I can see why the embassy wouldnt want the hassle of so many people going through security to lodge at the embassy.

If in doubt check on the embassy website. They should have the procedures detailed there.

Good luck

About 3 or so years ago the VFS was opened to alleviate the amount of people going into the embassy just for applications of visa. I have never heard of anyone lately applying for a visa without it being lodged at the VFS. The consular section at the embassy is used for passport stuff etc. Going by the amount of people lodging applications at the VFS I can see why the embassy wouldnt want the hassle of so many people going through security to lodge at the embassy.

If in doubt check on the embassy website. They should have the procedures detailed there.

CAN LODGE AT THE EMBASSY

I called the Embassy to arrange an appointment to lodge the spouse visa application and interview ,only a 2 week wait and for the record the Visa was granted within 24 hours and i repeat 24 hours

I stand corrected. It was less than 12 months ago when I applied for my wifes visa so obviously things have changed. I checked the embassy website and it just says that application MAY be lodged at the VFS. No indication that I could see that you could lodge at the embassy itself.

Good to know

I stand corrected. It was less than 12 months ago when I applied for my wifes visa so obviously things have changed. I checked the embassy website and it just says that application MAY be lodged at the VFS. No indication that I could see that you could lodge at the embassy itself.

Good to know

You dont make an appointment to lodge the application.....you make the appointment for an interview and lodge the app at that time.....make sure that you have given enough time for the medical certificates to reach the embassy.

I had to get a visa sput into a new passport and the Immigration Dept in Aus said to contact the embassy in BKK to arrange getting it done. I emailed a number of times to make an appointment but never got a reply. Finally I sent one and stated that Immigration had requested me to email them, but as there had been no reply, should I take up the matter with the officials in Australia - I cc'ed th email to our case manager.

I got a reply within hours!!!

I get the feeling they routinely ignore emails unless they have a compelling reason not to - ie they look bad.

I had to get a visa sput into a new passport and the Immigration Dept in Aus said to contact the embassy in BKK to arrange getting it done. I emailed a number of times to make an appointment but never got a reply. Finally I sent one and stated that Immigration had requested me to email them, but as there had been no reply, should I take up the matter with the officials in Australia - I cc'ed th email to our case manager.

I got a reply within hours!!!

I get the feeling they routinely ignore emails unless they have a compelling reason not to - ie they'll look bad.