Cebu Pacific Specials

MeetJohnDoe

Right now, Cebu Pacific airlines has some of the cheapest fares to the Philippines that I have seen in years (and we're talking years and years here folks). I just booked a return flight from Bangkok to Clark for 31 January to 07 February for B 6156 (about US$ 175) all in!

That is at about, or less than, half what all the other carriers who fly this route (all others to Manila) are charging...Thai about B 10k; AA (BKK-KUL-MNL) over B 10k plus at least 1 nite hotel stay in transit; Jetstar the same but with overnite in Singapore.

Anyone have any business or monkey-business in Philippines, this is a great time to go (or get in a relaxing visa run for me) :o

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

some of my colleagues were able to buy Philippine Airlines tickets for about THB6,500, all in, for BKK-MNL (Ninoy Aquino Intl) and return. i believe there are ongoing promos for this time of year.

besides the airport difference, PAL is also a full service airline, with meals and amenities on board.

it's a great season to fly to the Islands. PR and 5J (Cebu Pac) is cutting each other's throats for a greater share of passenger seats.

Edited by Palace

• 2 months later...
besides the airport difference, PAL is also a full service airline, with meals and amenities on board.

Many of us actually prefer Clark to MIA, for a number of reasons. And meals and amenities don't mean much me, at least on a short flight. But yes, I'd take PAL over Cebu Pacific any day, because the flight is a whole lot less likely to get canceled at the last moment. PAL also has an afternoon flight, while I think CP is still late-night only.