The Mexican Food In Pattaya Is Not Good

Jingthing

Sadly JT, with opinions such as the above, you are never going to see a La Monita or Tacos and Salsa in Pattaya.

I guess you are saying we've got a lot of cheap Charlies about town. That is the truth but the reality is the prices for Mexican food in town are high based on the quality of what is offered, none of it approaches world or East LA class. So in that sense I agree that the prices at Sunrise are expensive, for what it is (but I don't think horribly so). If you're saying people wouldn't be willing to fork over some more dough for much better Mexican food, I really don't know. I would! Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly JT, with opinions such as the above, you are never going to see a La Monita or Tacos and Salsa in Pattaya.

I guess you are saying we've got a lot of cheap Charlies about town. That is the truth but the reality is the prices for Mexican food in town are high based on the quality of what is offered, none of it approaches world or East LA class. So in that sense I agree that the prices at Sunrise are expensive, for what it is (but I don't think horribly so). If you're saying people wouldn't be willing to fork over some more dough for much better Mexican food, I really don't know. I would!

I would certainly be willing to pay more for better food. IMHO, the quality of what's on offer here is sub par and the prices are above average. To me, 320thb for some tacos and a piece of pie is a bit much. If the ingredients were something special then maybe. But basic chicken, pork and ground beef hardly warrants that price. Sure I dig the salsa bar. And I have been the AYCE taco days several times at the old price. I just don't think it warrants the increase. What they have going for them is very little competition. I would certainly be willing to pay US restaurant (not fast food or taco stand) prices for a decent and authentic Mexican meal. When that place opens, I'm sure JT will be the first to alert us. :)

Went back to Tequila Reef after a 2 year Hiatus even though at the time I thought it was passable only.

After our last visit we wont be going back the meat was crap & the sauces / condiments sadly lacking

Very disappointing