What Makes Thailand So Romantic?

dave9988

It seems like so many tourists come here and fall in love with a local lady rather quickly. Are Western men just irresistible to young Thai women? And even expats seem to go from the dating to married period rather quickly. I do not know how many farang I have seen in restaurants with his tee-rak going "John like eat spicy. He like som tum" and John with a big grin on his face and her friends going "Wow" and looking at him like "I need one of those".

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like so many tourists come here and fall in love with a local lady rather quickly. Are Western men just irresistible to young Thai women? And even expats seem to go from the dating to married period rather quickly. I do not know how many farang I have seen in restaurants with his tee-rak going "John like eat spicy. He like som tum" and John with a big grin on his face and her friends going "Wow" and looking at him like "I need one of those".

somtam or johnny? "from dating to married rather quickly" think its more pressure from said lady to protect her asset from other predatory girls, a bit like a cat pisses to mark their territory.

You should get some good responses to your question.

You are right in my case as I met and fell in love with my Thai wife during my first 3 months in Thailand back in 1993. However I went away for a year, came back for 3 months and went away again for a month then came back for 4 years.

I was married in the UK at that time but got a divorce in 1998, married in 2000 and now in 2009 we are still together albeit now with a 4 1/2 year old son. Mind you the getting married quickly took 7 years but time flies when you are happy and enjoying yourself.

I am now looking forward to the next 20 years or so. :D:o:D

I think for many men it's a case of they don't have much in the way of Romance in their own countries, so when they come to Thailand it's like being 18 again.

I for one would never deny them that after I have seen how the normal 50 year old single guy in UK exists as to how the same guy could exist in Thailand .

Sure it all down to economics, we all know that, but isn't that the same for a rich 50 year old guy in a western country with a GF 20 years younger than himself, if he was poor, in most cases he would't get her, same as everywhere.

I was walking down the street in Tokyo and I saw this stunning young Japanese girl with a guy that must have been at least 55 Years old, and you could see she was with him, with him......

I thought to myself, what has he got that I ain't, then he walked to a parked Ferrari, got it in with his young GF and roared away. That's what he had !

I just cannot understand why Farangs think it's so unusual for wealthier guys to get younger women, then again it's all relative, your average roadsweeper in UK would be a good catch for some women from very poor countries, yet try the same guy in Tokyo and he would be lost.

It's the same in UK and everywhere else, if you got cash, you can have a good choice of whatever you want, if you're poor, you make do with what you can get, just like many Thai women have to do.

For them it's not choice, it's economics too, the same as their western sisters.

How many rich attractive women go out with poor guys in the west ?

Edited by Maigo6

all you need is cash

All you need is cash... (I put it on the song all you need is love - Beatles) and the rhythm is cool!! Yeah, yeah… I’m bored.. :o Anyways, fun to read the excuses of why is like this here and why isn’t like that on the west or how similar we can be…. No? More than asking about the money is the gap of age here, at least in western you don’t see it like here where unluckily is ANYTHING for the money. Or see those 20 year old boys with 70 years old man. I noticed it doesn’t shock me any longer, a friend who is visiting was saying to me the other day in out PatPong adventure tour “Oh my… I’m about to puke!!!!!! This is disgusting!” while looking this 70 years old foreigner touching a 20 something years old bottom and grabbing the boobs of the other which was totally a lady boy. And I was like... aww, you see this a lot here girl :D

I used to live in West Palm Beach which is one of the wealthiest cities in the USA and I would hardly call it even close to common to see old men walking hand in hand with young women half their age. I honestly think you will have to dig deeper than that. Yes, naturally, women are interested in a partner who can support them financially, but what is happening in Thailand is a whole nother sub culture for both the farang male and Thai ladies, and saying that rich guys are living similar lives in the UK is probably not very accurate.

all you need is cash

All you need is cash... (I put it on the song all you need is love - Beatles) and the rhythm is cool!! Yeah, yeah… I'm bored.. :o Anyways, fun to read the excuses of why is like this here and why isn't like that on the west or how similar we can be…. No? More than asking about the money is the gap of age here, at least in western you don't see it like here where unluckily is ANYTHING for the money. Or see those 20 year old boys with 70 years old man. I noticed it doesn't shock me any longer, a friend who is visiting was saying to me the other day in out PatPong adventure tour "Oh my… I'm about to puke!!!!!! This is disgusting!" while looking this 70 years old foreigner touching a 20 something years old bottom and grabbing the boobs of the other which was totally a lady boy. And I was like... aww, you see this a lot here girl :D

but you soon get used to it,guys always like younger girls and the older you get the more you appreciate,and now you are beginning to see older women with younger men.With the older man/younger women its to do with money,with the older woman/younger guy its the mother complex coming from the younger guy.

Farang men like Thai Women as they are generally more socially polite, gentle, well manered then their western counterparts.

And are Farang men more socially polite, gentle, well manered then their Asian counterparts?

I did type a sentance in my post to that effect but then deleted it. It could cause offence to Thai male TV members. :o

Edited by mrnosey

I was walking down the street in Tokyo and I saw this stunning young Japanese girl with a guy that must have been at least 55 Years old, and you could see she was with him, with him......

I thought to myself, what has he got that I ain't, then he walked to a parked Ferrari, got it in with his young GF and roared away. That's what he had !

Was he a foreigner or Japanese? Were they a "Sukhumvit couple"? The man was a tourist?

In a city that has same population as entire Canada, it is possible that some girl and some guy happened to be there for your eyes.

You think it's normal in Tokyo?

I think for many men it's a case of they don't have much in the way of Romance in their own countries, so when they come to Thailand it's like being 18 again.

I for one would never deny them that after I have seen how the normal 50 year old single guy in UK exists as to how the same guy could exist in Thailand .

Sure it all down to economics, we all know that, but isn't that the same for a rich 50 year old guy in a western country with a GF 20 years younger than himself, if he was poor, in most cases he would't get her, same as everywhere.

I just cannot understand why Farangs think it's so unusual for wealthier guys to get younger women, then again it's all relative, your average roadsweeper in UK would be a good catch for some women from very poor countries, yet try the same guy in Tokyo and he would be lost.

It's the same in UK and everywhere else, if you got cash, you can have a good choice of whatever you want, if you're poor, you make do with what you can get, just like many Thai women have to do.

For them it's not choice, it's economics too, the same as their western sisters.

How many rich attractive women go out with poor guys in the west ?

You make sensible comments as always

but you soon get used to it,guys always like younger girls and the older you get the more you appreciate,and now you are beginning to see older women with younger men.With the older man/younger women its to do with money,with the older woman/younger guy its the mother complex coming from the younger guy.

I think you should visit some beaches all over the world and see older women with there Toy boy's.

There are some African coasts who are very popular by women for that reason.

Its like the female Pattaya, whit exactly the same scams. Next time you go to Marbella or some other Spanish or Greek coasts you can see a lot of women having an exciting holiday with the local lover boy's.

And I guarantee you that those lover boy's don't have an mother complex at all. :D

Some people still thinks that women are different than men when its concerns short time romance(?) :D

The new trend for man is Africa, there are millions African women who are looking for an westerner. In Burkina Faso and Ghana Internet shops are a booming business.

Last week I saw a documentary about it. An European guy got married and the official who performed the ceremony told the guy frankly that he has a new family and should send money to them.

In the Dominican republic there are hotels who offer you a 24/7 all girl service (include in the room rate)for the duration of your holiday, same system as in a Thai massage parlour but you can use her services 24/7. There was also a documentary about it on television.

The guy's who are looking for romance(?) in pattaya are green horns. :o

all you need is cash

All you need is cash... (I put it on the song all you need is love - Beatles) and the rhythm is cool!! Yeah, yeah… I’m bored.. :D Anyways, fun to read the excuses of why is like this here and why isn’t like that on the west or how similar we can be…. No? More than asking about the money is the gap of age here, at least in western you don’t see it like here where unluckily is ANYTHING for the money. Or see those 20 year old boys with 70 years old man. I noticed it doesn’t shock me any longer, a friend who is visiting was saying to me the other day in out PatPong adventure tour “Oh my… I’m about to puke!!!!!! This is disgusting!” while looking this 70 years old foreigner touching a 20 something years old bottom and grabbing the boobs of the other which was totally a lady boy. And I was like... aww, you see this a lot here girl :D

You come from Santiago, Chile, and you don't appear to have a clue, I'm surprised at that ? :o

I gather your friend who was so shocked does not come from any South American country also, where prostitution is rife, including child prostitution which has plagued south American countries as it has poorer Asian countries for a long time.

I think you should visit some beaches all over the world and see older women with there Toy boy's.

There are some African coasts who are very popular by women for that reason.

Its like the female Pattaya, whit exactly the same scams. Next time you go to Marbella or some other Spanish or Greek coasts you can see a lot of women having an exciting holiday with the local lover boy's.

And I guarantee you that those lover boy's don't have an mother complex at all. :D

Some people still thinks that women are different than men when its concerns short time romance(?) :D

The new trend for man is Africa, there are millions African women who are looking for an westerner. In Burkina Faso and Ghana Internet shops are a booming business.

Last week I saw a documentary about it. An European guy got married and the official who performed the ceremony told the guy frankly that he has a new family and should send money to them.

In the Dominican republic there are hotels who offer you a 24/7 all girl service (include in the room rate)for the duration of your holiday, same system as in a Thai massage parlour but you can use her services 24/7. There was also a documentary about it on television.

The guy's who are looking for romance(?) in pattaya are green horns. :o

obviously i'll have to get out more...............very sheltered life here on Samui!

You think it's normal in Tokyo?

Of course it's not normal, cos the normal guy in Tokyo isn't rich, far from it.

You're giving examples of Sukhumvit couples, you can't that equate that to Tokyo couples, the demographics are entirely different.

Yet I do have a Friend who is a Merchant Banker in Tokyo and he has a stunning Japanese girlfriend who is 23 years younger than he is, if he were an English teacher, do you think the J girl would be interested ? :o

No chance at all, he's ugly, she's lovely, but he has a great job so .............

It's the way of the world.

Edited by Maigo6

What you describe is not at all common, and it has nothing to do with there being less rich men in Japan or elsewhere.

What about all these 24 hour marriage websites? It has become so common here, that like I said, it is its own sub culture.

Its like how people say prostitution exists everywhere. It does, just not the way it does in Thailand.

Edited by dave9988

What you describe is not at all common, and it has nothing to do with there being less rich men in Japan or elsewhere.

What about all these 24 hour marriage websites? It has become so common here, that like I said, it is its own sub culture.

So what you are saying is that money does not come into the equation ?

lol, dream on pal.

You think Hugh Hefner would have had 20 Bunny girls at his beck and call if he was poor ?

You think Rod Stewart would have 19 year old model GF's if he was still a grave digger aged 65 ?

I cannot understand you at all, you come to Thailand, a developing SE Asian country and expect what exactly, what did you expect to find, a copy of what you left behind, a rich society where everything is better than it was in your own country, or a developing nation where the rich are rich and the poor have <deleted> all ?

You think untold thosands of western men flock to South East Asian countries for the temples, wake up mate, they would flock to Tokyo if they could afford it, but they can't.

50,000 Baht for all night, any takers ?

Dave, I dunno how much experience you have in this world, but mate, you don't have a fookin' clue.

I know you're trolling, but the topic ain't bad really. :o

By the way, I'll go out with you in any country in the world, you have 10 USD in your wallet and I'll have 10,000 USD, lets see who attracts the women, ok ? :D

You cannot seriously think that only Thailand has women who chase the Baht/Dollar/Yen/Pound/Euro, if you think that then it really does show your inexperience in the wide world.

Edited by Maigo6

You cannot seriously think that only Thailand has women who chase the Baht/Dollar/Yen/Pound/Euro, if you think that then it really does show your inexperience in the wide world.

I agreed with you up until this point. Yes, unless you're famous you will have a hard time finding a woman 'chasing the dollar etc.' in the West. Western women are 'generally' looking to fall in love, it's only in Thailand they're 'generally' looking for money.

Edited by F1fanatic