Amazing Sandwich

jamesthefirst

Their sandwiches are good - but certainly not amazing!

You wouldn't want to call your business "Good - but certainly not amazing Sandwiches", though :o:D .

I think they are generally good. At some point since I last visited (possibly quite a while), they added the option of wholemeal/wholewheat bread, which is a considerable plus.

I raved about Amazing (almost directly across from the Shell station on Huay Kaew, between Soho and the Taiwanese restaurant), but then found Bake and Bite to be better. Just today I stopped by for first time in months, and had an amazing roast chicken sandwich. They custom build it to your order, which I like. 85 baht ain't cheap, but it is still good value.

Amazing, indeed, Loaded :o .

You could not have remained Loaded for long with that mix filling your stomach, could you? Possibly the alcohol neutralized the bacteria on the ham sandwiches to some extent, but combined with a strawberry milkshake ? You must be sure to donate your body for scientific research when the time comes.

While I love food from a wide variety of cultures, good sandwich shops, or even the ingredients to put one together at home were not much available where I lived before CM.

Yes, you can buy your bread and fillings here from the supermarkets, but if ordering for just one or two folk, it's great to have the luxury of selecting from all their offerings.

I'd love a Vietnamese place to start offering the baguette. cheese, coriander. spring onion, grated carrot and *special pickle* that could be found in Australia. Best weekend breakfast ever, with coffee and good newspapers.

Edited by WaiWai

The Amazing Sandwich, is Amazing its still open!

with all the much better options available now especially like Bake and Bite the Dukes, Subway and yes even 7-11 makes better sandwiches

It used to be the only game in town, but went downhill went it was sold

Edited by SBACM

Much as I'd like to contribute to this thread, Brits can no longer afford sandwiches.... :D

Or are Brits too well-bread to contribute ? :o

Sadly some of my own overseas-investments are now just 'toast', can I contribute comments regarding 'toasted-sandwiches', OMG yet another food-thread idea ? :D

Go there for breakfast sometimes, or occasionally a burger (I'm not a sandwich person). Much less often these days - just too many farangs - last visit had a prayer meeting on one adjacent table and two screaming brats the parents were doing nothing to control at another. Not what I'd call a peaceful "oasis". (Of course, both Bake and Bite (esp Nimanheminda) and the Dukes can suffer this problem too.)

And you can't even take Thais with you for company; unless they read and understand English very well they can't order anything!

In my early years here I lived on the 15 baht ham sandwiches from 7/11, eaten at 4am after a night on the beer, with a packet of crisps and a strawberry milkshake (also 7/11). Amazing!

Easily pleased.

7-11 also has the American Hot Dog nailed. They always taste the same, come with a steamy bun, and you can get mustard. Probably not very good for you, but like many that need the hamburger fix, 7-11 is there for Hot Dog lovers.

7-11 also has the American Hot Dog nailed. They always taste the same, come with a steamy bun, and you can get mustard. Probably not very good for you, but like many that need the hamburger fix, 7-11 is there for Hot Dog lovers.

Hot dogs not bad, but the chicken steak sandwiches rule! Especially if you can convince the staff to leave it in the microwave for the full cycle, thus avoiding the freezing middle problem. Not that ice cold in the middle is too bad if you've got enough wilted lettuce and green tomatoes.

In my early years here I lived on the 15 baht ham sandwiches from 7/11, eaten at 4am after a night on the beer, with a packet of crisps and a strawberry milkshake (also 7/11). Amazing!

Easily pleased.

Not all 7-11's are of the same quality when it comes to hotdogs, according to my taste buds. Very few outside of a city have mustard either

Amazing, indeed, Loaded :o .

You could not have remained Loaded for long with that mix filling your stomach, could you? Possibly the alcohol neutralized the bacteria on the ham sandwiches to some extent, but combined with a strawberry milkshake ? You must be sure to donate your body for scientific research when the time comes.

I've read this twice and I'm still not sure if it's a compliment or a dig :D

back to topic

re ... Amazing Sandwich.

i go there once a week but had to change my order to a smaller sandwich @ 85 baht and mmmmmmm from this huge 10 inch sub coz after suffering a mild stroke and giving up smoking i was getting fat : (

enjoy the sub and the menu ..... dave2

Give Amazing Sandwich a try, opposite Central (Sorry, don't know what name of Central because relatively new to CM).

Delicious food, friendly, fast and efficient service. Very good prices. Recommended by Lonely Planet, free WIFI also.

Credit due where credit due.

I didn't think the food was bad but I have to disagree with the friendly, fast service. I'm gluten free so I opted for the potato salad in lieu of bread and it took them half an hour before they told me that they were out of potato salad. Afterwards, my friends received their sandwiches and it took another 20 minutes for a total of 50 minute wait time for them to bring me some friend potatoes (on their breakfast menu so they didn't have to make anything special to substitute) and a deconstructed sandwich i.e. pre sliced cheese and tomatoes. Normally, I am pretty forgiving about a wait but 50 minutes for some fried potatoes and sliced sandwich accouterments was pushing it.

winnie the kwai. !

quote .... So their food gives you strokes? I think I'll pass.

NO ... NOT eating sandwiches !

but flippant remarks like that may affect you the same one day .... ANYONE can suffer a stroke at any age

smoking 20 to 40 cigarettes a day for about 45 years gives you strokes ( minor ones if your lucky like me )

the thought of a MAJOR stroke ( and the thought of trying to deal with thai immigration after one when you cant speak and one side of you is paralised ) convinced me to bye bye cigarretes for ever

i gave up smoking after 45 years in a week coz the doc at chiang mai rams question was simple .

do you want to live or die ?

the choice was easy ... bye bye cigarettes ..... not sandwiches even if they did make me fatter for a bit .. : )

ive not thought about having a cigarrete for over a year and never will again.

dave2