Thai Visa

Not sure how to use this site as I just joined. I'm a retired US citizen on a 90 day tourist visa living in Samui. My visa expires 19 Feb. I'm interested in flying to KL from Samui and request for another tourist visa. My question: Which hotel is close to the Thai embassy and are there agents available to handle the application, etc? My interest is to obtain another tourist visa and return to Samui. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

PS I declined the opportunity to travel overland to Burma and Kota, but a bit concerned if I can get another tourist visa from the Thai embassy in KL. Advice is appreciated.

A Tourist Visa is for 60 days and can be extended for a further 30 days.

From Samui you would probably be better travelling to Penang and applying for a Tourist Visa. You can apply yourself or there are plenty of agents everywhere who can do this.

I think Firefly fly direct from Samui to Penang. http://www.fireflyz.com.my/

If you wanted a Double Entry Visa then you could go to the Consulate in Vientienne Laos.

Not sure how to use this site as I just joined. I'm a retired US citizen on a 90 day tourist visa living in Samui. My visa expires 19 Feb. I'm interested in flying to KL from Samui and request for another tourist visa. My question: Which hotel is close to the Thai embassy and are there agents available to handle the application, etc? My interest is to obtain another tourist visa and return to Samui. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

PS I declined the opportunity to travel overland to Burma and Kota, but a bit concerned if I can get another tourist visa from the Thai embassy in KL. Advice is appreciated.

No agents in KL.

You can fly from Samui to Penang (with agents) or KL with Firefly.

Have a nice holiday in Malaysia.

Jim

If you are over 50 you can also get a single entry non immigrant O visa (2000 baht) that would give you 90 days without getting an extension at immigration.