Financial Crisis

Definitely more doom and gloom.

http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/jim-willie/the-greek-dollar-swap-window

Mu ha haaaa haaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa! (evil laughter)

:ph34r:

Edit: Yes dear Midas we are ridiculed for our doom and gloom messages. No worries once the smoke has cleared our status will be upgraded to: "The ones that told ya"

:lol:

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.” B)

Sir Winston Churchill

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Edit: Yes dear Midas we are ridiculed for our doom and gloom messages. No worries once the smoke has cleared our status will be upgraded to: "The ones that told ya"

Perhaps but no guarantee there Mr Lah

Because like the BP oil slick 600 feet thick in areas.....TPTB have ways of making things sink just beneath the surface....just out of view.

They then say shhhhhhh see everything is fine now go back to sleep kids B)

... and if the doom and gloom doesn't come or there is merely a puff of smoke to clear you can adopt the slogan of the Chicago Cubs:

Wait 'Til Next Year

... and for anyone with a well-managed portfolio it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Edited by jazzbo

fair would be to compare the age at which one could have afforded to retire without making any sacrifices in life style.

Then again if that is the criteria I should have retired 30 years ago when lifestyle was truly inexpensive :D

Actually one thing this financial crisis has done is make me wonder a bit about retirement.

After all it is hampered what would have arguable been my best years to put something away since the kids are

grown & I have no debt.

But these days with less work, I have much more time to bicycle or hike through the surrounding mountains.

During those hours I wonder what will become of this mess & also think about retirement & what will I do.

Then I smile & realize I am doing it already & have been for most of my life. :D

Lastly Herr Naam I hardly consider you a retiree .....I notice how early you rise & see the investments/study/investigations you mention. ;)

Lastly Herr Naam I hardly consider you a retiree .....I notice how early you rise & see the investments/study/investigations you mention. ;)

retiring does not necessarily mean inactivity. my early rise goes back decades and is a remnant from the years when i was still working, found no time to do undisturbed planning during working hours and went to my office earlier and earlier. my investment studies are considerably reduced and if there had not been the "crisis" and an uncertain future these studies would be reduced to maximum one hour a day following global political, economic and especially currency news.

95% of the daily megabyte (sometimes even gigabyte) bombardment from a bunch of anals i don't read but forward it to people who are still interested in the rubbish those anals recommend. citations, links and yootoob clips presented by the apocalyptic collaborateurs Midas and AlexL have become :violin: extremely :coffee1: and even :crazy: i miss the amusement they provided when posting their own thoughts and conclusions. what i miss most in my retirement are their revelations who of the Bilderbergs married his daughter to the son of what Illuminato and how that affects EUR/USD as well as global warming and the price of Chang in Nakhon Nowhere.

:jap:

if this crash in the DXY had happened during regular hours, apparently driven not by the dollar but by DXY component EUR (there was no comparable move in other USD pairs), it would have created a complete market collapse. luckily it happened an hour after close. weekend collapse averted. and a quick glance at the other pairs shows that the GBP and CHF were solidly impacted as well.

post-35218-031379900 1287807117_thumb.gi

personally i wouldn't have minded a flash crash during trading hours IF i was aware of it. better opportunities to make a little pocket money or buy a (live) cat to entertain my dogs and provide an excellent dinner for them are very rare.

sorry cat lovers, but that's the way it is :jap:

Edited by Naam

if this crash in the DXY had happened during regular hours, apparently driven not by the dollar but by DXY component EUR (there was no comparable move in other USD pairs), it would have created a complete market collapse. luckily it happened an hour after close. weekend collapse averted. and a quick glance at the other pairs shows that the GBP and CHF were solidly impacted as well.

Reading ZH now are we? I'm shocked, just shocked.

Part three of the road to WW3 is now available here:

http://ampedstatus.com/the-covert-origins-of-the-af-pak-war-the-road-to-world-war-iii

Essential reading for those that want to understand real history.

Yes Fly I understand that those in control will try and do everything possible to stay in power. I suggest we skin a few hundred of them elites alive and serve them to Naam's dogs and post the clips on YT.

How dare you suggest feeding cats to your dogs Naam. :jerk: :D

Hello,

My Name is Mrs. miller, I am a 53 year old widow, and I live in Washington. I am a good merchant, I have several industrial companies and a good amount of shares in various banks in the world. I spent all my life investments on co-operate businesses.

Along the way I lost my husband and two beautiful kids in a fatal accident that occurred on the 5Th of November 2003. I was a very greedy woman with all cost I didn't know much and I cared little about people, ever since the fatal loss of my loved ones I felt weak. I found it difficult to close my eyes or rest. Sometime in the year February 2004 I got a letter which contained the result of my previous medical check-up, and my personal doctor testified that I have a lung cancer, which can easily take my life.

I found it uneasy to survive myself, because a lot of investment cannot be run and managed by me again.I quickly called my church pastor to give me positive thinking on this solution, as my adviser. He ministered to me to distribute my property, wealth to the motherless babies or orphanage homes, people that need money for survivor both students that need money,business women and men for their investment for future rising.

So therefore I am writing this letter to people who are really in need of help from me both students in college, to contact me urgently. So that I can make available preparation on it. Especially women whom are currently divorced and passing through hard times, you should please feel free to contact me.

Now I am so much with GOD, I am now a born again Christian. May the good Lord in his infinite mercy bless you.

Please DO NOT contact me if you are trying to take the inventory of my generosity for no good reasons, if you have intention of making away with my money I promise, you would be caught.

Only interested person should contact me immediately.

You can reach me on my personal e-mail

God Bless You.

Best Regards.

Mrs. joan miller :lol:

what i miss most in my retirement are their revelations who of the Bilderbergs married his daughter to the son of what Illuminato and how that affects EUR/USD as well as global warming and the price of Chang in Nakhon Nowhere.

:jap:

There's always: http://www.bild.de/ in case you miss the revelations from others, next to the tabloids from the UK*

* sorry, had to look that one up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_the_United_Kingdom#.22Middle-market.22_tabloid_newspapers

LaoPo

i have invested in a gold mine that produces for 190 dollars per ounce and so gold has a long way to fall before this cashed up co goes downhill

:rolleyes:

I hope that isn't the primary reason you invested. If it is that is a short road to financial peril. Well, not if you were the first investor to come to this conclusion. Is it listed on an exchange? If so, what is the ticker?

I'm sure you had other reason - just currious :)

all the time i tell people to diversify

gold is some of my holdings as well as real estate, cash, stocks

an an expensive girl friend

I retired at 45

I did invest in funds before I learned that i could do it much better than the fund managers.

I was waiting for the gold price share to drop a little to buy some more however it hasnt happened yet and its steaming ahead. I got in a under 2 dollars and now its 5.50 dollars.

if it changes I will let you know

as always DYOR - do your own research

chok di

Makes sense and we have something in common - early retirement. Retired a couple years back at 42 and loving almost every moment.

fair would be to compare the age at which one could have afforded to retire without making any sacrifices in life style.

Fair would be to compare the age at which one could have afforded to retire and be happier than before.

If the sacrifices aren't outweighed by the positives then why do it. If you're the type that needs a maid, expansive residence, and a swarm of hotties then don't retire until you can afford it. Did I sacrifice aspects of my pre-retirement lifestyle. Yes, but nothing I couldn't do without. :)

Fair would be to compare the age at which one could have afforded to retire and be happier than before.

If the sacrifices aren't outweighed by the positives then why do it. If you're the type that needs a maid, expansive residence, and a swarm of hotties then don't retire until you can afford it. Did I sacrifice aspects of my pre-retirement lifestyle. Yes, but nothing I couldn't do without. :)

My lifestyle improved by an order of magnitude after I retired; I made all the sacrifices while I was working.

a hypothetical claim without having actually experienced the situation.

My lifestyle improved by an order of magnitude after I retired; I made all the sacrifices while I was working.

in my [not so] humble view a correct evaluation (improvement or not) is rather difficult for people who had different jobs in different countries with different working conditions. life style is not only generated by prevailing conditions but also by the individual's state of mind. acting as advocatus diaboli i will try to argue by selecting many aspects of initially degenerating circumstances.

-no working tax free offshore but paying taxes

-no company paid first class flights

-no secretary, personal assistant or employees which could be told "get this done!"

-no maintainance of home, garden and cars by company

-no 24/7 domestic staff provided by company but a rather expensive housekeeper 6 hours / 5 days a week

-no PR-man who handled any administrative problems with government agencies

-no more salute from a smiling policeman when caught speeding

-silly coded messages when phoning the offshore banker "sell 150 linear feet of brazilian mahogany, buy 2000 square feet siberian plywood using the proceeds"

a hypothetical claim without having actually experienced the situation.

Another esoteric comment from wise old Naam. No sarcasism :rolleyes:

I'm retired now, with more than adequate funds for MY lifestyle, and extremely happy. Do you want to have a competition to determine who is more happy??? We can measure our private parts next.

I'm retired now, with more than adequate funds for MY lifestyle, and extremely happy. Do you want to have a competition to determine who is more happy??? We can measure our private parts next.

i have no idea what you are trying to say except that you proved once again that you seem to suffer from inferiority complexes.

Edited by Naam

i have no idea what you are trying to say except that you proved once again that you seem to suffer from inferiority complexes.

328 pages whow, never use Oxford dictionary so much !!! Naam l think what it is, he hasn't experianced it long enough yet.:D

328 pages whow, never use Oxford dictionary so much !!! Naam l think what it is, he hasn't experianced it long enough yet.:D

you looked up "happiness competion, basis private parts measurements?"

av-11672.gif

you looked up "happiness competion, basis private parts measurements?"

av-11672.gif

Yes l did !!! but l was referring to retired now for a couple of years. :whistling:

No problems here. Granted I'm inferior to you, as you are extremely self aware. Naam, it really isn't all about the money and self importance. There is world out there beyond this forum - go taste it. The forum would be less entertaining without your posts but I fear it is consuming you. :jap:

No problems here. Granted I'm inferior to you, as you are extremely self aware. Naam, it really isn't all about the money and self importance. There is world out there beyond this forum - go taste it. The forum would be less entertaining without your posts but I fear it is consuming you. :jap:

The guilt is starting to get to you isn't it? Don't worry, that's the first step towards your atonement.

The guilt is starting to get to you isn't it? Don't worry, that's the first step towards your atonement.

It's called projeeeeectionnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (commonly observed here on TVF....) :P

Though ok I'll take one for the team and try to stop the brewing pissing contest by posting a hot chick:

post-68285-078713800 1287950168_thumb.jp

(Brings back memories of Rio Grande do Sol/Santa Catarina, eh Naam? :) )

Granted I'm inferior to you, as you are extremely self aware.

a couple of years ago there was a thread "How much do you pay for electricity?" with postings from dozens of TV-members including a scan of one of my (rather high) bills i think it was something like 11 or 12k Baht. weeks or months later you blamed me in another thread that "i flounder my money" (or equivalent). one does not need to be a psychiatrist to evaluate that kind of irresponsible statement and that applies to "let's measure our private parts" too.

but here's a bait for you (for future use). my electricity bill may 2010 was 15,690 Baht.

by the way, i don't think you are inferior but my best guess is you think you are inferior and that is why you come up with completely irrelevant statements. if a man, who made several hundred k in his former position, has the guts to admit he was working temporarily as a pool boy than this is commendable, commands respect from me and others and there should be no reason for him to have any complexes.

:ph34r: