Financial Crisis

The present is sad.

Bond rates tell the story of the future, with bigwigs betting actual money on their judgement.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

just because a handful of bigwigs are doing well means nothing when the littlewigs are extremely discontent and unhapp y

you don't have to be a big wig to do well. even small scale investors like me are up 14.5% YTD. but that does not mean i invest in a 5Y maturity Greek government bond which trades OTC grey market at 4.95% and is even expected to rally when full trading starts on monday.

those who are extrememly discontent and unhappy are whingers, wailers and gloom&doom forecasters who have never done any homework on investing and who worry about ATM fees and/or whether the pittance of cash they keep in a Thai bank is "safe".

Greek youth are extrememly discontent and unhappy.

Do you classify the 62.5 percent of Greece’s youth workforce which

is unemployed as being " whingers and wailers " ?

Edited by midas

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ maybe he thinks they should all get on their bikes to Germany or UK ? Would there even be enough jobs if they did? For the Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and all the rest youths as well- I think not.

The present is sad.

Bond rates tell the story of the future, with bigwigs betting actual money on their judgement.

shooting stars.............................cheesy.gif

Talking heads were positively orgasmic at the fact that Greece managed to get a five-year bond deal off in the public markets... at a 4.75% coupon and was 8-times oversubscribed. That must be great news, right? So, kindly explain to us where all that exuberant "Greece is the best thing since sliced bread" demand is today as the bond price has collapsed 1.5 points and yields smashed higher by over 30bps...?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-11/greek-bond-new-issue-plunges-wheres-all-demand-now

I think it means a lot as if the bigwigs are willing to fund bond issues it gives confidence, not to mention funds, for the economy to start thriving and the little wigs to ultimately benefit.

Like kicking the can further down the road ?

I think it means a lot as if the bigwigs are willing to fund bond issues it gives confidence, not to mention funds, for the economy to start thriving and the little wigs to ultimately benefit.

In case that people will obey and vote for the system in the oncoming elections, they will be rewarded with a fake "stability".

http://failedevolution.blogspot.gr/2014/04/when-system-blackmails-societies.html

that proverbial can has been kicked down the road for years now and based on all indications it will be kicked down the road for years to come.

by the way, Cheeryble is right on the money. big wigs buying sovereign bonds below 5% is one of the main factors that a de jure as well as a de facto bancrupt country will slowly get on its feet again.

^ maybe he thinks they should all get on their bikes to Germany or UK ? Would there even be enough jobs if they did? For the Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and all the rest youths as well- I think not.

"he" thinks in macro-economic terms and does not focus on insignificant developments of an insignificant small pie of the property market on an insignificant island located in the North Sea were people pay their rents weekly laugh.png

All Hail The Draghi Put: The Global Bond Market Is Now Well And Truly Broken

Even the New York Times figured out that this week’s ballyhooed “return to the market” was a complete farce:cheesy.gif

" Investors may be playing a dicey game,
but in the case of Greece and other shaky euro zone countries, they have been assuaged by the belief that the European financial machine will kick into gear should anything go wrong. European Central Bank President Mario Draghi has pledged to do “whatever it takes” to keep the crisis from reigniting."

http://davidstockmanscontracorner.com/2014/04/11/all-hail-the-draghi-put-the-global-bond-market-is-now-well-and-truly-broken/

AND THE ICING ON THE CAKE....

it needs another bailout...facepalm.gif

• *GREECE MAY NEED THIRD PROGRAM AFTER SUMMER, DIJSSELBLOEM SAYS cheesy.gif
Edited by midas

Zero Hedge and its merry band of halfwits have been predicting anarchy and collapse since 2009...

and because they missed the huge rallye in 2009, even warned investors to invest a single penny they are pyssed off and will be pyssed off for years to come.

Zero Hedge and its merry band of halfwits have been predicting anarchy and collapse since 2009...

But now it's not only the “merry band of halfwits “ issuing warnings?

The former chief economist of the Bank for International Settlements said this week

" It all feels like 2007, with equity markets overvalued and spreads in the bond markets extremely thin», he warns.The honest truth is no one has ever seen anything like this. Not even during the Great Depression in the Thirties has monetary policy been this loose. And if you look at the details of what these central banks are doing, it’s all very experimental. They are making it up as they go along. I am very worried about any kind of policies that have that nature."sad.png

http://www.fuw.ch/article/i-see-speculative-bubbles-like-in-2007/

Edited by midas

All Hail The Draghi Put: The Global Bond Market Is Now Well And Truly Broken

Even the New York Times figured out that this week’s ballyhooed “return to the market” was a complete farce:cheesy.gif

" Investors may be playing a dicey game,
but in the case of Greece and other shaky euro zone countries, they have been assuaged by the belief that the European financial machine will kick into gear should anything go wrong. European Central Bank President Mario Draghi has pledged to do “whatever it takes” to keep the crisis from reigniting."

http://davidstockmanscontracorner.com/2014/04/11/all-hail-the-draghi-put-the-global-bond-market-is-now-well-and-truly-broken/

AND THE ICING ON THE CAKE....

it needs another bailout...facepalm.gif

• *GREECE MAY NEED THIRD PROGRAM AFTER SUMMER, DIJSSELBLOEM SAYS cheesy.gif

another pyssed off pessimist who missed 400% profit (within 15 months) because he was scared sciteless caused by risk aversion.

post-35218-0-11363600-1397269819.jpg

Interviewer : But wouldn’t large-scale debt write-offs hurt the banking sector again?

William R. White " Absolutely. But you see, we have a lot of zombie companies and banks out there. That’s a particular worry in Europe, where the banking sector is just a continuous story of denial, denial and denial. With interest rates so low, banks just keep evergreening everything, pretending all the money is still there. But the more you do that, the more you keep the zombies alive, they pull down the healthy parts of the economy. When you have made bad investments, and the money is gone, it’s much better to write it off and get fifty percent than to pretend it’s still there and end up getting nothing. So yes, we need more debt reduction and more recapitalization of the banking system. This is called facing up to reality." ( Something which is clearly beyond the grasp of many people on this thread whistling.gif )

Edited by midas

another pyssed off pessimist who missed 400% profit (within 15 months) because he was scared sciteless caused by risk aversion.

attachicon.gifL-dog vs.jpg

More character assassination. Is that all that is left for you to do? sad.png Just because his gambling instincts are not as compulsive as yours. And is there anything wrong with being risk averse when you no longer trust the system?

Many of these guys are just trying to make a place for themselves on the talk show circuit.

Did you see that video of Peter Schiff with his gold bars that could be broken off into smaller pieces like a Hershey's bar (and bartered with corrupt border police when the "war starts" )??

He had this look on his face like the whole thing was a huge inside joke.

Many of these doom and gloomers are playing characters. They are swindlers. The key is that you keep reading their blog, watching their tv show, investing in their funds, buying your survival dehydrated moon meals... keep giving them your money, they know how to spend it better.

"he" thinks in macro-economic terms and does not focus on insignificant developments of an insignificant small pie of the property market on an insignificant island located in the North Sea were people pay their rents weekly laugh.png

Haha

Because of my macro views I am liquidating all those properties on the little island.

I am certainly not using the money to buy Greek bonds lol

A big crash is coming pretty soon I think. Year or two tops.

The recent tech wreck could be looked back at as the first signs of the turn, who knows? Could be a lot sooner than any of us think.

^

first the gov legalised the principle + circumstances of a deposit tax / bail in, and now they have in place the practical legal method to just take it strait out every bodies accounts when/ if they please.

mccw I heard about this new trend last night. It's in a similar vein to what the Inland Revenue in the UK will do.

A panel of lawyers being interviewed believed it is unconstitutional for the IRS to do this. Even way this new legislation was introduced says a lot. It was tucked away as a small paragraph in a totally unrelated farms bill.cool.png

U.S. seizing tax refunds to settle some very old debts

WASHINGTON -- A few weeks ago, with no notice, the U.S. government intercepted Mary Grice's tax refunds from both the IRS and the state of Maryland. Ms. Grice had no idea that Uncle Sam had seized her money until some days later, when she got a letter saying her refund had gone to satisfy an old debt to the government -- a very old debt.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/nation/2014/04/11/U-S-seizing-tax-refunds-to-settle-some-very-old-debts/stories/201404110123

Many of these guys are just trying to make a place for themselves on the talk show circuit.

Did you see that video of Peter Schiff with his gold bars that could be broken off into smaller pieces like a Hershey's bar (and bartered with corrupt border police when the "war starts" )??

He had this look on his face like the whole thing was a huge inside joke.

Many of these doom and gloomers are playing characters. They are swindlers. The key is that you keep reading their blog, watching their tv show, investing in their funds, buying your survival dehydrated moon meals... keep giving them your money, they know how to spend it better.

And the non-doom and gloom are also swindlers sometimes- Jon Corzine comes to mind giggle.gif

bottom line is if you can think for yourself, you don't need to listen to any one to realise that the financial system which is being propped up solely by money printing and creating obscene amounts of debt is bound to collapse sooner or later.sad.png

that proverbial can has been kicked down the road for years now and based on all indications it will be kicked down the road for years to come.

by the way, Cheeryble is right on the money. big wigs buying sovereign bonds below 5% is one of the main factors that a de jure as well as a de facto bancrupt country will slowly get on its feet again.

My point wasn't about getting the economy back on it's feet, which of course the government is doing a well with I hope, but the fact that stocks are way overvalued these days.And with the false security feeling the investor gets, it's making things worse.

Don't tell me that the acquisition of Whatsapp by Facebook for 19Bn$ ior a stock price of 528 times earning for a company like Amazon, which hasn't made a single dollar profit in it's history, are healthy indicators.

That are just 2 examples, but take a look at what is recently happening with new IPO's like King resources .

Last time I looked out of my window I noticed that trees don't grow into the sky, at one point they fall down or get cut. The market is in for a much needed correction in my opinion

My point wasn't about getting the economy back on it's feet, which of course the government is doing a well with I hope, but the fact that stocks are way overvalued these days.And with the false security feeling the investor gets, it's making things worse.

Don't tell me that the acquisition of Whatsapp by Facebook for 19Bn$ ior a stock price of 528 times earning for a company like Amazon, which hasn't made a single dollar profit in it's history, are healthy indicators.

That are just 2 examples, but take a look at what is recently happening with new IPO's like King resources .

Last time I looked out of my window I noticed that trees don't grow into the sky, at one point they fall down or get cut. The market is in for a much needed correction in my opinion

So you have shorted the DOW or the S+P ?

You must be the richest man in town if you know exactly what the market gonna do in the short term, regardless of the signals it's sending.

Ever heard about market manipulation ? As that is the exact reason for the overvalue, but as the word says, it makes the market unpredictable for the average investor .

You must be the richest man in town if you know exactly what the market gonna do in the short term, regardless of the signals it's sending.

Ever heard about market manipulation ? As that is the exact reason for the overvalue, but as the word says, it makes the market unpredictable for the average investor .

I guess the answer from you is therefore no. One of the easiest ways for an investor to short the market is to buy an ETF which does exactly that. One can hold that ETF for a longer or shorter period. Mind you, anybody who a year ago was shouting that the market was going down and had put their money where their mouth was would have lost a lot a lot of money to date. Much easier to have kept repeating oneself in hope that the roulette wheel had hit that number.

https://www.google.com/finance?q=dog

I guess the answer from you is therefore no. One of the easiest ways for an investor to short the market is to buy an ETF which does exactly that. One can hold that ETF for a longer or shorter period. Mind you, anybody who a year ago was shouting that the market was going down and had put their money where their mouth was would have lost a lot a lot of money to date. Much easier to have kept repeating oneself in hope that the roulette wheel had hit that number.

https://www.google.com/finance?q=dog

It is so easy to speak after the facts isn't it, but I guess you didn't read my post which said, manipulation makes the markets unpredictable.

http://uni1.azurewebsites.net/insight/could-high-frequency-trading-hft-computers-manipulate-the-market

Could High-frequency trading (HFT) computers manipulate the market ?

Edited by JesseFrank

But now it's not only the “merry band of halfwits “ issuing warnings?

But could it be "Merry band of half wits" practising repetitive selection bias with a particular favour for WARNINGS?

Edited by cheeryble

"""

Wealthy people who stash money in offshore accounts to evade paying tax could be sent to jail, the government has said.

Chancellor George Osborne said new proposals could mean that people who hide their cash overseas could face criminal charges even if they did not intend to evade tax.

Mr Osborne, who is consulting on the new powers, said there would be "no safe haven" for anyone who cheats the Exchequer.

Analysis: Sky's Darren McCaffrey

It comes after concerns that some wealthy people are costing the government millions of pounds a year by keeping money away from the glare of UK authorities.

HM Revenue & Customs will have the power to prosecute people who do not declare their foreign income, regardless of whether they intend to avoid payment.

'We're Winning The Tax Battle'

Previously, in order to earn a conviction with a jail sentence, prosecutors had to show that individuals intended to avoid paying tax on foreign income.

Mr Osborne, who has been at the International Monetary Fund meeting in Washington, told the Financial Times: "We are changing the balance of the law so the burden of proof falls on those who are hiding their money offshore and we don't have to prove that they intended to do so."

"""""

- sky news

Nothing to worry about of course ;) ! Everybody here completely above board etc etc.

But can you see where all this is going?

What do you think? (By?) Next decade the UK and rest of the west will follow the USA to make citizens and residents pay tax on world wide income - no matter you moved abroad / live overseas or not. You are born westerner and must pay forever tax to your motherland/ by extension the cartels system- on pain of detention.

of course it is not healthy but it is reality. idiots ordinary people buy shares quoted at idiotic high values and are financing these deals hoping to make a profit "later".