Where Can I Go Fishing At Bkk?

yellowfish

This lake is located on the northeast corner of the NIDA intersection. To find this, head east from the Mall Bangkapi on Ladprao Road which will turn into Serithai Road (formerly called Sukapiban 2). When you see the Bangkapi School on your immediate right just head straight for a couple more blocks and that intersection is the NIDA intersection. You'll see that lake in the right hand corner. Just turn left then do a U-turn wherever you want and pull up on the roadside. Good luck!

This is also very close to Bung Sam lan. Which is the best pay lake in Thailand. Its at the end of a Soi of Sukapiban 2. From the mall (Bangkapi) you head up Sukapiban 2, the road does turns into a bit of a Chicane, after this you do a U-turn just under the overpass and its the first Soi on your Left (cant remeber the name of it), 7-11 just past the corner, the lake is signposted i think. Pointing and saying fishing repeatedly should get you there, the soi on the way down is lined with fishing shops and when you get to the end of it, the lake is in front of you. If i have fished it a few times and there are plenty of monster fish.

You can hire rods there and buy bait. if you don't have any. Buy a big tub of bread, some coconut milk and a bag of additive (the silver one with the blue label and a catfish on it is the best) Mix it all together, easy on the coconut milk, If you stand there looking daft, one of the locals might come and help you for the price of a beer. Word of advice, set your drag really loose, the fish (Mekong Giant Catfish) move off like steam trains. With hired tackle you will probably be only able to "Land" them upto around 20Kg. All in all it will probably stretch to 2000 Baht for a day all in.

Or you can use the services of Jean-Francois Hellas at www.anglingthailand.com, he will guarantee you a rake of fish and he might be able to catch you a siamese giant carp, which are well hard to catch. Don't quote me but i think he charges around 50000 Baht for a single angler, including pickup, drop off from Central Bangkok.

I live up in Khon Kaen, I go fishing for Giant Snakeheads out in the wilds regularly, much more fun, if anyone wants to talk fish, email me [email protected]